ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

Aligning the icons - center

<< < (4/7) > >>

cranioscopical:
lanux128: cranioscopical: didn't understand you earlier.. now, i'm curious to have a look at your desktop with the unique icon spacings..
--- End quote ---
Thanks for your interest. They come and go, which is why I want some quick tool to align and distribute them. When I'm working for money (which is as seldom as I can manage ;)) it's always to deadlines, and I generate quite a number of files that I must cross-reference and update. I find that the fastest way to track and access these is to dump shortcuts on the desktop. My habit is to place these along screen edges. When I do so, I want to 'group' icons for the same project, and that's best done by spacing between groups. Fortunately I have 3200x1600 pixels to play with. There probably are better ways to work, but habit and routine mean that this system does the job for me nicely.

lanux128:
oh, i see.. 3200x1600 is quite a size.. :)

btw, for such a tool, you can try the modding sites.. i'll let you know if i find anything..

cranioscopical:
lanux128: oh, i see.. 3200x1600 is quite a size..
--- End quote ---
Until last year I was using big CRTs but, boy, did they take up some space, plus I could cook my breakfast on top of them! ;D
Changing to decent LCDs was one of the better moves I've made.
btw, for such a tool, you can try the modding sites.. i'll let you know if i find anything..
--- End quote ---
Thanks for being so helpful, I appreciate your interest.

lanux128:
cranioscopical:
there are some desktop tools mentioned in this thread that you might want to have a look.. especially, Hawkeye ShellInit & Worktop.

cranioscopical:
there are some desktop tools mentioned in this thread that you might want to have a look.. especially, Hawkeye ShellInit & Worktop.

--- End quote ---
Thanks, these seem more to control desktop areas than individual spacing of icons.  I'll look closer :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version