ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

taking line-feeds and end-of-line hypens out of the clipboard text

<< < (2/2)

Steven Avery:
Thanks, good info. Somehow I missed the recent thread "some useful but less-known software. share your list!!!"
Try to check it out shortly.

This is a pretty handy tool: eCleaner (File: Cleaner v2.02 - clean202.zip) - as attached)
-IainB (March 15, 2019, 07:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
ecleaner is 2003, the web site is up on tripod.com
http://ecleaner.tripod.com/

From a description.
"eCleaner is a freeware application that cleans up e-mails that have been forwarded several times. First configure it once and for all to "Leave blank lines". Thereafter simply copy and paste any e-mail or web text into eCleaner, press the "Clean" button, immediately switch back to your wordprocessor or e-mail, and paste."

It seems to be mostly designed to get rid of ">".  Might be a nice simple tool for that purpose.
Probably does not touch line-feeds.

Text Monkey or Clippy, see this post: Re: some useful but less-known software. share your list!!!
-rjbull (March 14, 2019, 06:24 PM)
--- End quote ---
Textmonkey looks like an Interesting program. I may try it, if it comes in handy it would be worth the pricey $30, they call that Pro, and there is evaluation, have to see what is what.

Write an .ahk script (and compile it), that removes all hyphens and line breaks with a single regex replace?
-highend01 (March 14, 2019, 11:50 AM)
--- End quote ---
This might get me into the AHK world!  It would be nice though to only do the hyphens that are right before a line-feed.  You would search for the two characters as one unit, and then search for the single line-feeds.

You could also trigger a Clipboard Help+Spell preset to copy text under cursor, transform it and repaste it. -mouser (March 14, 2019, 01:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
Sounds like a fine plan. I will try this out.  Can get me into the CHS world!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version