ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for "Smart"watch Recommendations

<< < (2/4) > >>

4wd:
Just a couple of notes on the BIP:

* For the basic stuff nothing other than the supplied app is required, (Mi Fit), so it's fine for Notifications, Step Counter, Heart Rate, Sleep Analysis, etc, etc.
* The BIP2 is soon to be available, (was available for pre-order for a short time) - 5ATM Water Resistance, slightly narrower, loses the Barometric sensor, albeit at a higher price - but it may prompt sales on the BIP1.
I think Apple has the best Smart Watch.-Sean123 (March 06, 2019, 06:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm looking for a smartwatch that won't murder my bank, has good battery life, and that will let me view my [Android] phone's notifications without having to take it out of my pocket.-nite_monkey (March 06, 2019, 10:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

0 out of 3 ain't that bad ... I guess.

tsaint:
FWIW, by chance, I just came across this article at "makeuseof" about new Fitbits.
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fitbit-announces-surprisingly-cheap-versa-lite-edition-smartwatch/

wraith808:

* For the basic stuff nothing other than the supplied app is required, (Mi Fit), so it's fine for Notifications, Step Counter, Heart Rate, Sleep Analysis, etc, etc.
* The BIP2 is soon to be available, (was available for pre-order for a short time) - 5ATM Water Resistance, slightly narrower, loses the Barometric sensor, albeit at a higher price - but it may prompt sales on the BIP1.
--- End quote ---

I'm looking for a smartwatch that won't murder my bank, has good battery life, and that will let me view my [Android] phone's notifications without having to take it out of my pocket.-nite_monkey (March 06, 2019, 10:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

-4wd (March 06, 2019, 06:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

;D :Thmbsup:

nite_monkey:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

-4wd (March 06, 2019, 06:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

;D :Thmbsup:
-wraith808 (March 06, 2019, 07:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
sold me on the apple watch, buying it right now!

Jokes aside, now I gotta go research the bip 2 and see if I need to wait for it or not.

4wd:
Jokes aside, now I gotta go research the bip 2 and see if I need to wait for it or not.-nite_monkey (March 06, 2019, 09:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not really much concrete info available atm just hearsay, speculation, rumours, and wish lists.  The pre-order page that was up is no longer accessible but the specs it had were similar to the BIP1 with the exceptions:

* 5ATM Water Resistance
* No Barometric sensor
* A little narrower
But I'd wait until it appeared on Amazfit's website before taking those as gospel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version