topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:32 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Review Pendrive Microdrive usb 3.0 128 GB  (Read 7694 times)

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Review Pendrive Microdrive usb 3.0 128 GB
« on: February 15, 2019, 04:35 AM »
I have just received this pendrive :

AsusPortatil - 15_02_2019 , 9_35_33.pngReview Pendrive Microdrive usb 3.0 128 GB

The device is recognised in my laptop without problems. Only 116 GB are detected.

The device don't come with he capacity written in the product . See the photo.

20190215_093815.jpgReview Pendrive Microdrive usb 3.0 128 GB

I copy a movie and reproduce from the pendrive with no problem.

And also with the OTG from the mobile.

From the mobile detects 117.96 GB.

That's all for the moment ! .

The price was very cheap

AsusPortatil - 15_02_2019 , 10_23_04.pngReview Pendrive Microdrive usb 3.0 128 GB

12.06 euros

:-[

P.D. I am expecting to receive pendrives of 256 GB for 3.47 euros....

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Review Pendrive Microdrive usb 3.0 128 GB
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 04:54 AM »
I have a doubts ....

How can I measure the copy velocity in usb 3.0 ?

:-*

https://es.aliexpres...1.0.0.274263c02eBXTk

The link to the article

« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 05:40 AM by Contro »

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 06:11 AM »
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 06:19 AM by Contro »

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 08:31 AM »
There are tools that generate text files of any given size. you should create one such text file directly on that drive and see if the resulting file messes up.

That would be the simplest test to see if the capacity is as promised.

ConstanceJill

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 11:29 AM »
Sounds too good to be true, you're likely to get a drive with significantly smaller capacity, but a hacked firmware that reports more storage than actually is usable.

I wouldn't even bother buying it, but if you do, I'd recommend filling it and checking all the files' integrity afterwards.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 12:31 PM »
There are tools that generate text files of any given size. you should create one such text file directly on that drive and see if the resulting file messes up.

That would be the simplest test to see if the capacity is as promised.
Owwww. I am testing now with H2Testw
writing and verifying.
What tool do you recommend for your purpose ?

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 12:32 PM »
Sounds too good to be true, you're likely to get a drive with significantly smaller capacity, but a hacked firmware that reports more storage than actually is usable.

I wouldn't even bother buying it, but if you do, I'd recommend filling it and checking all the files' integrity afterwards.
We'll see.

How can I do your recomendation ? What tool can I use ?

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 12:37 PM »
Until the present moment in AliExpress I have a relative good experience.

When the good arrive bad they sent the money back.
At the present moment I have decided not buy shoes or trousers (pantalones) because I have bad experience in this moment.
In electronic devices some goods go well and others no.
In ballpoint pens and stilografic or ink pens the experience is very good.
All I buy es less than 20 euros.
I lost a pair of shoes in one of my first buying experience because I don't reclaim at time.
They send me very small shoes with the label indicating a bigger one, but finally I give to a friend.

:-[

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2019, 12:39 PM »
H2testw is the way to go, read this review of that and similar tools.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 12:43 PM »
H2testw is the way to go, read this review of that and similar tools.
Running !!!!

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2019, 12:53 PM »
I also have good experiences with AliExpress in hats (very cheap and normal quality) , accesories to repair glasses and several other products.

I am waiting to receive :
Extreme High Performance Thermal Grease Paste CPU HeatSink Processor GPU Cooling Paste Computer Cooling Fan Device
replacement battery for my laptop
a fan for my laptop
Hand Tools Universal Metal Spudger DIY mobile phone Opening Pry Repairing Tools For Phone Cellphone Laptop PC Tablet and other accesories related
600/1000Pcs Screws +1PCS Multi screwdriver Stainless Steel Screws Electronics Nut For Watch Eye Glasses Clock Repair Tool Kit
Solar Rechargeable COB LED Solar Light Outdoor Garden Lamp Decoration PIR Motion Sensor Night Security Wall light Waterproof

In batteries I have a relative good experience. I have refund several articles, but others go well.

I have a very expensive solar rechargeable light bought in my city, but the cheap one from China continues working well. Meanwhile the expensive not. I am searching to repair for myself buying 18350 batteries and a charger.

I want to try some power banks with 18350 batteries ion-lithium.

I found a very very cheap with a high high mAh capacity in Ebay or in Amazon, I don't remember well. I am waiting for that too.

:P

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2019, 01:01 PM »
Waiting !!!!!  :

FakeFlashTest tries to fix the main issue with H2testw which is the incredibly slow time it can take for the process to complete on larger and slower flash drives. The first test you can run is similar to the one found in RMPrepUSB and a quick test. This writes and reads 512 bytes of data at set intervals across the drive and so finishes in less time. The second test is very similar to H2testw and writes/reads to all free space on the drive but has been optimized in a number of ways to complete the task much quicker than H2testw.

Do note that the the quick test is destructive meaning anything on the drive will be overwritten, so make sure your files are backed up. The slower test is not meant to be destructive but can still corrupt your files if they are on a bad area of the drive.
Read More: https://www.raymond....m-ebay-with-h2testw/

;D

Continues running about 33% of the first part : Writing ..... After is verifying....

:-\

AsusPortatil - 15_02_2019 , 19_06_17.pngReview Pendrive Microdrive usb 3.0 128 GB

The results

AsusPortatil - 15_02_2019 , 19_47_05.pngReview Pendrive Microdrive usb 3.0 128 GB

no heat after the work
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 03:21 PM by Deozaan, Reason: fixed attachment »

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2019, 02:03 PM »
generate text files of any given size

This one ! https://www.mynikko.com/dummy/
or this one
https://www.fakefilegenerator.com/
this one seems clear to me .... :
https://pinetools.co...andom-file-generator

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2019, 04:45 PM »
Choosing external resources :

https://www.techrada...est-usb-flash-drives
https://www.lifewire...flash-drives-4141193
https://www.timesofm...b-flash-drive.340118
https://www.ebay.com...0000177629671/g.html
https://www.wisegeek...est-flash-drives.htm
http://www.lostsaloo...ght-usb-flash-drive/

Explicits offers, but the price....

https://www.amazon.c...outcom02lifewire2-20
 :P

I am using some time ago a SanDisk 64 GB dual USB . OTG I have always in my pocket.
During copies processes heat. But the new yellow one microdrive is a cold one....

Some day I will test my SanDisk.....

« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 04:56 PM by Contro »

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2019, 08:18 AM »
Heat is to be expected when a lot of reading and writing onto any drive, whatever form or shape.

Most are designed to get rid of this excess heat sufficiently fast enough, while not being too uncomfortable to carry around in a pocket. If a drive does not heat up, perhaps not much reading and/or writing is going on. Unless there is a active cooling element on your drive there, temperature will vary, depending what you are doing on it.

There are pen drives that show up as very big, but actually have (much) less capacity. Some even apply the trick that when a file is written to that drive with a size that exceeds the actual capacity (but not the reported capacity), it just starts to overwrite the file from the beginning of the drive. So if you generate a file with numbers that follow up on each other, you will know quickly enough if your pen drive either fails to generate the specified size or that it overwrites the file from the beginning.

Simple, but effective check to see if you have bought a drive with the promised capacity or not.

Often there are other indicators that should make you wonder if it is too good to be true. Take a look at differences in font of the sticker that indicates the size. Yes, some vendors are cheap enough to use generic stickers on which the promised capacity is added in a not matching font. Same is true for other forms of packaging.

But that capacity for that price? From a not so reputable source? Yeah, that sure sounds like it is way too good to be true.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2019, 05:20 PM »
Heat is to be expected when a lot of reading and writing onto any drive, whatever form or shape.

Most are designed to get rid of this excess heat sufficiently fast enough, while not being too uncomfortable to carry around in a pocket. If a drive does not heat up, perhaps not much reading and/or writing is going on. Unless there is a active cooling element on your drive there, temperature will vary, depending what you are doing on it.

There are pen drives that show up as very big, but actually have (much) less capacity. Some even apply the trick that when a file is written to that drive with a size that exceeds the actual capacity (but not the reported capacity), it just starts to overwrite the file from the beginning of the drive. So if you generate a file with numbers that follow up on each other, you will know quickly enough if your pen drive either fails to generate the specified size or that it overwrites the file from the beginning.

Simple, but effective check to see if you have bought a drive with the promised capacity or not.

Often there are other indicators that should make you wonder if it is too good to be true. Take a look at differences in font of the sticker that indicates the size. Yes, some vendors are cheap enough to use generic stickers on which the promised capacity is added in a not matching font. Same is true for other forms of packaging.

But that capacity for that price? From a not so reputable source? Yeah, that sure sounds like it is way too good to be true.

Recently I bought micro SD in AliExpress from SanDisk. Microdrive have similar prices to this manufacturer in this product.

I continue using the pendrive without problems.
I will comment only the things to happen.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2019, 07:29 AM »
I have to recognize my completely failure with the high capacity pendrives sold by AliExpress.

I having a lot of problems with these units.
When I claim to AliExpress they rejected the proofs made with fakeFlashTest. They don't send me the money back.

I am also having problems with micro SD cards of 128GB and 256GB I don't suspect at the beginning.

I will inform with time. Now I am with my ass between my arms....