ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Windows 98SE Copy/move replacement/enhancement w/ auto rename

<< < (3/4) > >>

kimmchii:
if the problem isn't solved i could code such a tool...
--- End quote ---

please go ahead, it's always better to have choices.

it's great that SuperCopier 2 can get rid of this confirmation dialog: see attachment.
but after exit SuperCopier 2 the confirmation is gone, even uninstall SuperCopier 2 wont get back the confirmation, so SuperCopier 2 is messing up the system.

nudone:
it would certainly be a nice thing to see a new 'copier' util that incorporated the suggestions of DC members as i'm sure there will be plenty of well considered ideas.

lanux128:
... even uninstall SuperCopier 2 wont get back the confirmation, so SuperCopier 2 is messing up the system.-kimmchii (August 11, 2006, 02:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

well this being beta version, there's bound to be glitches. the author also encourages everyone to report bugs lingering in the program.
This is a Beta version so You are encouraged to report bugs in THIS forum section. Please read the sticky message before posting.-supercopier.sfxteam.org
--- End quote ---

thezenarcher:
Thanks to all -- will check out suggestions, with the exception of SuperCopier2, which I have tried, but which has one or two quirks which (currently, at least) annoy me -- eg, I have a hidden directory (keeps the kids out) and SC2 relies on the standard Explorer interface for selecting folders, such that my hidden folder is unselectable because it's invisible, which makes me have to drag 'n' drop which makes me peeved at the world. So there. Don't get me started...  THX TZA

polski8:
I love Supercopier! I have had no problems with it at all. I know what the problem is with the dialog. I doesn't really mess up your system.

The problem is that Supercopier deletes the normal registry entries then re-creates them into it's own key. When you uninstall Supercopier, it deletes all of the Supercopier keys from the registry, hence the commands are gone. So the simple solution is to download one of the free programs on Shell Extention City (shellcity.net) and run it. there are about 6 of them which add the commands back in for you, or to back up the registry key into a .reg file, then when you uninstall Supercopier, just double-click on your backup to add the commands back in.

I'm going to ask for something on a new thread, but since it is almost the same, I might as well ask here, too.

What I would like is some sort of utility which would rename files being downloaded from the internet which have the same name. I do have a download manager which does this, but I do right click on some photos or other types of files, and choose "save as." Seems like every site on the internet all name their files the same name. Is there some sort of utility which will automatically rename them if the file already exists, without all sorts of dialog, warnings and questions?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version