ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Windows 98SE Copy/move replacement/enhancement w/ auto rename

<< < (2/4) > >>

lanux128:
nice find lanux, that looks great.-mouser (August 09, 2006, 10:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
aye, eventhough i had tried CopyHandler earlier, now i find myself using SuperCopier 2 more frequently... :up:

btw, tks for the DC tip. :)

nudone:
lanux128, thanks for mentioning 'supercopier2'. i never really got on with the 'copyhandler' interface so i think i'll be using 'supercopier2' from now on.

rjbull:
More or less the same problem, and a solution, were mentioned in TinyApps Blog
http://tinyapps.org/weblog/windows/200603170700_drop_plus_plus.html

Sanity check: DROP++ is written in compiled AutoIt, so you would need to check whether it will run on Win98.

Question about drag & drop with auto incrementing of filenames #
Is there a method for dragging and dropping a list of files with the same name into a new folder and have them automatically increment the filenames rather than give an overwrite warning? Two instances where I've seen this work: when dragging files from a search result window into Nero (screenshot) and when dragging email messages from Outlook Express into Explorer. I'm not looking for a renamer to change the original filenames, but rather a way to create new files with incremented names. Answers sent to "mail AT tinyapps DOT org" will be appended to this post.

UPDATE: Jorg Kliemann has kindly crafted a solution.

--- End quote ---

DROP++
Jorg Kliemann has generously crafted DROP++ (source available here) using AutoIt (itself a mostly open source project) to address the drag & drop overwrite problem mentioned recently. Simply drag and drop a group of files from search results or any other Explorer window onto its icon; DROP++ will copy the files and autoincrement the resulting filenames. If you're tired of seeing "Confirm File Replace - This folder already contains a file named foo. Would you like to replace the existing file with this one?", give DROP++ a try. (By the way, holding Shift while clicking No to the above dialog behaves like "No to All", which is otherwise not provided.)

--- End quote ---

lanux128:
i never really got on with the 'copyhandler' interface so i think i'll be using 'supercopier2' from now on.-nudone (August 10, 2006, 02:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
welcome aboard, nudone... :Thmbsup:

tanatos:
if the problem isn't solved i could code such a tool... :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version