ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

Automatically adding custom-folder music to iTunes 12.x +

<< < (3/4) > >>

wraith808:
You could actually do a combination of the two; use robocopy for the command in the powershell script to only copy the file that changed.

dcsev:
The problem is I don't want to copy all of the music files. I thought I could get away from doing this with an app designed to add it to the iTunes.

The junction link worked, but unfortunately iTunes completely mutilated my carefully arranged collection that winamp relies on. ugh

wraith808:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/robocopy

Specifically:

/xo   Excludes older files.

--- End quote ---

Add that to the given command line and it should only copy new files.

4wd:
You could actually do a combination of the two; use robocopy for the command in the powershell script to only copy the file that changed. -wraith808 (February 15, 2019, 01:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Or PoSh runs Robocopy /MON:1 as a wrapper, parses its Stdout, then outputs a Toast or Balloon Tip message for any action that occurred. ;)

wraith808:
I thought about the balloon tip, but it would generate it for each change, which would be annoying IMO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version