ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

Automatically adding custom-folder music to iTunes 12.x +

<< < (2/4) > >>

wraith808:
As I said, I'm working on a more robust solution, but have been a bit busy at work.  Not sure if someone else is interested in making another solution.

There are also a number of synchronize applications that either run on a schedule or are resident.  FreeFileSync is one that is free.  Syncovery is one that I can personally recommend.   There are also programs that can monitor folders for changes, and those do the same as the PowerShell script, and some can launch other items, just like the PowerShell script.

dcsev:
@dcsev - I use Link Shell Extension for this - http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html
I keep my music on an external drive and just create a hardlink to the music folder on C:. Works great for me.

It doesn't give the tray alerts but is easy and simple.
-c.gingerich (February 11, 2019, 10:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

i actually tried a junction link and it works, but now I'm running into another problem!  iTunes doesn't my m3u files  and has removed them from each in a new folder called D:\Music\ Not Added.
This has obviously ruined my Winamp setup that uses Album List to pull m3u files and present the CDs in their original playlist orders.

Without question, iTunes is the worst piece of softwar eApple has ever released.

4wd:
Are your M3U files using relative or absolute paths?

If it's relative, try changing them to absolute.

Excluding the minimise to tray, RoboCopy, (included with every version of Windows since Vista and available for WinNT4.0+), covers the other three points.

Check every minute for matching files (*.mp3 *.ogg *.m4a *.flac *.m3u) and move them if there's at least one file change:

--- Code: Text ---robocopy.exe "C:\Downloads" "D:\Music" *.mp3 *.ogg *.m4a *.flac *.m3u /MOV /MON:1
Or copy:

--- Code: Text ---robocopy.exe "C:\Downloads" "D:\Music" *.mp3 *.ogg *.m4a *.flac *.m3u /MON:1
Send the output to a log or NULL if you're not interested in it, run it from Task Scheduler or GPEdit Startup scripts for when the system starts.

wraith808:
When I put an answer up in powershell, 4wd switches to robocopy  ;D :Thmbsup:

4wd:
When I put an answer up in powershell, 4wd switches to robocopy  ;D :Thmbsup:-wraith808 (February 14, 2019, 08:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Got to keep ya guessing  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version