ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

some useful but less-known software. share your list!!!

<< < (40/43) > >>

wraith808:
Okay. I don't want to be the one bad apple who spoils it for the rest of the bunch.
-Deozaan (August 22, 2020, 01:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not the only one.

The rules that the OP set off in the original post.

But still I made some rules, the software must be:

* Less-known of course!!(that means it is seldom mentioned in the blog site like Ghacks&lifehacker)
* It should be old age(non-essential) but still works on the windows 7,8,or10
* You'd better give the download location
* Screenshot always welcome
* A short description is needed
--- End quote ---

I guess those follow that scheme, though not sure if they are older.

chashnniel:
Unlike any other forums, DonationCoder can access to any topics, attachments, applications here with no limitation. Sometimes a thanks or thumbs up is necessary.

An aside: It would be nice if posts had a +1, thumbs up, or "like" feature, so that people who appreciate what others share but don't have anything to add to the conversation could signal their approval/appreciation.
--- End quote ---
This feature should be added. It can also catch some other user's eyes if they see a "+1" on a reply, or you can quickly find the best solution for the question.

cranioscopical:
Sometimes a thanks or thumbs up is necessary.
-chashnniel (August 22, 2020, 11:17 AM)
--- End quote ---
I've been silently enjoying chashnniel's posts in this thread. I've seen a lot of software about which I was unaware. Even if I don't adopt something I get some satisfaction from just exploring it.

THANKS! Seven or eight thumbs up and a bunch of fingers (cos I'm all fingers and thumbs tonight).

chashnniel:
2cranioscopical
Thank you, cheers :Thmbsup:

USB Oblivion is a USB privacy tool.    2.78M(single file)   USB   Windows 10
erase all traces of (broken) connected USB devices - flash-drives, disks and CD-ROMs from computer registry
--- End quote ---
--- from the official website
Don't worry, there is a test mode and it can automatically back up the reg file.

BTW, h2testw is a well known tool to detect fake USB.    409K(single file)   USB   2008   Windows 10
Tips: you'd better format the USB before test it. It's slow(large capacity drives not recommend) and it doesn't support some modern USB sticks since the last update is over 10 years ago.

NSSM Run application as a service. Open source.    360K(single file)   USB   Windows 10
100% safe because ExpressVPN use it to run as a service.
How to (run CMD)...
1. Install: nssm64 install               then it will come with UI options.
2. Uninstall: nssm64 remove servicename
See more on their usage page.

Their is anther similar trailware called AlwaysUp,   USB-  windows 10
It's better than NSSM, added export/import options... use-friendly interface (no need to remember those commands) and it is still in development.
Available app and guide
I use AlwaysUp with Dropbox and Doogle Drive, Aria2 (with webui-aria2) and also a %TEMP% cleanup bat file. It works like a charm.
Tips: It seems Microsoft has remove the auto login option on the User Accounts from Windows 10 2004.
You can use AlwaysUp -- Tools -- Autologon... to make it happen again.

wraith808:
h2testw
-chashnniel (August 23, 2020, 01:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
Why did you strike that out?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version