ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

some useful but less-known software. share your list!!!

<< < (24/43) > >>

ewemoa:
It's written in Rust, you can install and compile on Windows (or even compile it under WSL - Windows Subsystem for Linux) ... try the attached.
-4wd (August 27, 2019, 03:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

I suppose this is rather late, but just tried without WSL and it compiled and ran fine in my limited testing.

4wd:
It's written in Rust, you can install and compile on Windows (or even compile it under WSL - Windows Subsystem for Linux) ... try the attached.
-4wd (August 27, 2019, 03:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

I suppose this is rather late, but just tried without WSL and it compiled and ran fine in my limited testing.
-ewemoa (March 19, 2020, 08:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

I know, I attached a Windows compiled version to my post - the mention of WSL was just in case someone felt like going that way, (eg. keep it all under the WSL subsystem as a Linux program rather than install compilers, etc into their Windows environment to get it).

chashnniel:

Here is a bonus! ★★★★★

FlashFolder (sourceforge)
Works on windows 7/10 32/64!!

Des:
Open file/folder, save as dialog enhancer, which can quick switch between folders. See demo
some useful but less-known software. share your list!!!

Note:
1. Don't forget the patched DLL. It fixes bug -- remember view mode
2. You will find it doesn't work on some/most software's Open file/folder, save as dialog after a reboot.
Personally I found two solution for it.
    a. You have to restart flashfolder service manually on each reboot.
    b. You can take ownership(full control) of the FlashFolder64.exe(namely c:\Program Files\FlashFolder\FlashFolder64.exe) for your current account/user. And you only need to do this for once.
        right click -- switch to security tab -- select user(yourself), you can figure it out with your email -- full control      done!

There are some other good stuff, but this time only for this one :tellme:

ewemoa:
I know, I attached a Windows compiled version to my post - the mention of WSL was just in case someone felt like going that way, (eg. keep it all under the WSL subsystem as a Linux program rather than install compilers, etc into their Windows environment to get it).
-4wd (March 19, 2020, 11:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, I saw the attachment, but I see I didn't read your post closely enough, sorry about that.

ewemoa:
Nushell - a new type of shell:
https://www.nushell.sh/
-panzer (February 29, 2020, 08:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Coincidentally, just installed this within the last week :)  The attraction points for me were: multi-platfom + written in Rust.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version