ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

some useful but less-known software. share your list!!!

<< < (42/43) > >>

KodeZwerg:
I was looking for an alternate to NetDrive and found that pearl: Rclone syncs your files to cloud storage

jeromg:
Indeed, not just a pearl, a pure gem, thanks @KodeZwerg, I have the strong feeling that rclone will save my butt!

TucknDar:
Walling
Walling is more than just a tool to organize your information. Walling helps you unload your ideas, jot down notes and save bookmarks frictionlessly. It connects those ideas with what you added in the past, creating a network of ideas and resources that's easy to explore and curate from.

You can also use Walling to plan and organize ideas when you’re working on a new project, researching a topic, writing an article or just about anything. With your ideas side by side, Walling empowers you to step back and get a high level of understanding on what you're working on and helps you synthesize information more efficiently.
--- End quote ---
Walling.app

I've been using Walling for about a week and I think I'm sold! It seems to fit with how I'd like a note taking app to work, just throw everything at it and organize a little bit later. There are some features missing and there's no native iOS or Android app yet (the former should be in beta within a week), but I'm definitely liking it so far.

The Walling community can be found on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/wallingapp

Edit:
Walling is free for up to 100 Bricks. You can subscribe to Walling premium to get unlimited Bricks and Walls for $4/mo. Walling also offers Workspaces for teams with centralized billing for $6/mo per team member.
--- End quote ---

wraith808:
Walling
Walling is more than just a tool to organize your information. Walling helps you unload your ideas, jot down notes and save bookmarks frictionlessly. It connects those ideas with what you added in the past, creating a network of ideas and resources that's easy to explore and curate from.

You can also use Walling to plan and organize ideas when you’re working on a new project, researching a topic, writing an article or just about anything. With your ideas side by side, Walling empowers you to step back and get a high level of understanding on what you're working on and helps you synthesize information more efficiently.
--- End quote ---
Walling.app

I've been using Walling for about a week and I think I'm sold! It seems to fit with how I'd like a note taking app to work, just throw everything at it and organize a little bit later. There are some features missing and there's no native iOS or Android app yet (the former should be in beta within a week), but I'm definitely liking it so far.

The Walling community can be found on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/wallingapp

Edit:
Walling is free for up to 100 Bricks. You can subscribe to Walling premium to get unlimited Bricks and Walls for $4/mo. Walling also offers Workspaces for teams with centralized billing for $6/mo per team member.
--- End quote ---
-TucknDar (September 06, 2020, 01:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Looks a lot like Notion.  Have you used that?  If so, can you say how it's different?

TucknDar:

Looks a lot like Notion.  Have you used that?  If so, can you say how it's different?

-wraith808 (September 07, 2020, 01:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
Sorry, haven't used Notion. I've seen several people comparing them, but unfortunately I can't be of any help there...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version