ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Full Windows 10 on Raspberry Pi 3!

(1/4) > >>

Deozaan:
I came across this tweet thread saying full Windows 10 on Raspberry Pi is possible, linking to this Github repository for instructions and details on how to do it.

I've got a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ not doing anything worthwhile, so I decided to give it a try. My first attempt was unsuccessful. I'm making another attempt as I write this, but decided to post about it here in case anyone else would be interested and maybe we could help each other get a working install.

In my first attempt, I tried Windows 10 Pro 18237 image and the 1.2 Core Package. After deploying to the SD card I plugged it in and attempted to boot up. Eventually it just got stuck in a BSOD boot-loop. The stop code is DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS.

In my second attempt, I'm using the same image but trying the 1.0 Core Package. If there's any interest, I'll report back on things later.

mouser:
Fun! Keep us informed, I'm curious to hear how the experiment progresses..

Target:
following...

Deozaan:
My second attempt is going better... sort of.

I actually made it to a setup screen. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be any power/data to the USB ports. So the USB keyboards and mice I've tried plugging in are not responding, or even receiving power.

Deozaan:
I asked around in the Telegram group and it seems the USB drivers are currently broken or unavailable. But a stable driver is going to be released soon, "most likely this week" so I guess things are on hold until that point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version