ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

Android 6.0 tablet recent windows close all?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Shades:
Even my Kyocera Brigadier phone with Android 5.1.1 has that 'close all' button. And when you press it, wait a few seconds to give apps time to close and then reopen that screen, not one of the apps has been terminated. Manually closing any of the apps in that screen results in the app reappearing in the screen in a random location. So it looks safe to say that this functionality may only work properly from Android 6.x.x or higher.

wraith808:
My tablet has android 6, but it is a Samsung Galaxy S2, so if what Ath says above is true, it could be jist because it's a Samsung device.

MilesAhead:
Even my Kyocera Brigadier phone with Android 5.1.1 has that 'close all' button. And when you press it, wait a few seconds to give apps time to close and then reopen that screen, not one of the apps has been terminated. Manually closing any of the apps in that screen results in the app reappearing in the screen in a random location. So it looks safe to say that this functionality may only work properly from Android 6.x.x or higher.

-Shades (January 15, 2019, 07:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

What happens on my Alcatel phone is the windows all close but if one is of an app still running it may squawk.

MilesAhead:
My tablet has android 6, but it is a Samsung Galaxy S2, so if what Ath says above is true, it could be jist because it's a Samsung device.
-wraith808 (January 15, 2019, 07:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

The frustrating bit for me is the thing saves the list across boots.  Often I have to manually swipe 20 or 30 windows away.  It's really lame to have to do that on a regular basis. It is such a time waster.

I think you may be right about the Samsung only aspect.

wraith808:
The frustrating bit for me is the thing saves the list across boots. 
-MilesAhead (January 15, 2019, 03:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's actually one thing that I love.  I don't lose an app unless I explicitly close it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version