ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2019

NANY 2019 Release: SCURLed

<< < (2/3) > >>

pstein:
I miss two functions in SCURLed:

1.) SCURLed should have a function to open the base directory of InternetExplorer Favorites resp. Firefox/Chrome Bookmarks and read them all automatically (full dir tree).

2.) SCURLed should have function to find all .LNK files starting from a base directory (e.g. partition D:\) and load them automatically.

Can these features be added in the next release?

Thank you
Peter

Nod5:
Nice work skwire!

Is it by design that the filename of .url files cannot be edited (that editbox is grayed out when I run the program)?

skwire:
1.) SCURLed should have a function to open the base directory of InternetExplorer Favorites resp. Firefox/Chrome Bookmarks and read them all automatically (full dir tree).-pstein (January 07, 2019, 04:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll think about this for Internet Explorer favourites.  Firefox and Chrome, however, do not use URL files for their bookmarks.

2.) SCURLed should have function to find all .LNK files starting from a base directory (e.g. partition D:\) and load them automatically.-pstein (January 07, 2019, 04:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

I will add this in a future release.

Is it by design that the filename of .url files cannot be edited (that editbox is grayed out when I run the program)?-Nod5 (January 10, 2019, 07:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I left this out for now until I get some feedback on the LNK/URL data handling.  I will add the ability to change the name in a future release.

nkormanik:
Enhancement request:

Once user gets all the urls into your program, please allow for the ability to save the list.  Say, to .txt file.  Better still, .html file.

And, at very least, allow copy.  That way user can copy and paste to their own .txt file.

Thanks!

Nicholas Kormanik

pstein:
How do I scan a whole partition for all *.url files and add them to list?

How can I verify/check the validity of all listed *.url files?

Unfortunately the good old program AMDeadlink is outdated since it uses InternetExplorer engine as underlying browser.

Can you add *.url verification feature to SCURLed?

Thank you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version