ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

CLCL ... What do i need to Backup and RESTORE my items ive Copied ??

<< < (2/2)

screenshot1:
THanks for Info .. all i actually had backed up to 'save' was the .ini ( and put this .ini into my New Pc with CLCL )
But i see it needs the 3 files you showed .. Doh !!!!!!!!!!!!!

screenshot1:
Hi, I want to test my CLCL Backup then Restore ...
Q )  I want to delete all my templates i currently have, then try and past the ' CLCL / History / Regist ' to check it installs my current up to date Template ...
What steps do i do ? do i first delete the 'Template' folder somehow ( Please explain how i do this ) and then do i paste the above 3 files into the 'user' folder ??? Thanks   :tellme:

tomos:
CLCL is a portable app:
create a fresh copy of the programme somewhere completely different

* Close your current one if running
* Do whatever it is you're suggesting above -  copy relevant files/over
* Run new version, check if successful
* Finally I would delete second install to avoid confusion

mouthpear:
I am sorry if this is too late to post but I have used CLC for years now, and I am fat up with losing all my templates every few months. Every time it happens I come across this page even tho it seems the issue was never resolved. Today I am finally gonna post this because it worked. Save as .Bat file.

@echo off
for /f "delims=" %%a in ('wmic OS Get localdatetime  ^| find "."') do set dt=%%a
set YYYY=%dt:~0,4%
set MM=%dt:~4,2%
set DD=%dt:~6,2%
set HH=%dt:~8,2%
set Min=%dt:~10,2%
set Sec=%dt:~12,2%

set stamp=%YYYY%-%MM%-%DD% %HH%-%Min%-%Sec%

copy "E:\Folder\history.dat" "E:\BackupFolder\%stamp% - history.dat"
copy "E:\Folder\regist.dat" "E:\BackupFolder\%stamp% - regist.dat"

ECHO Backup completed!
Rem PAUSE

Follow this to have Task Scheduler do it automatically for you.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-automated-task-using-task-scheduler-windows-10

If you want to do it manually. Make a shortcut to the BAT file and pin it to the taskbar. Go to advanced settings of the shortcut and check "Run as Administrator"

Again i apologise that this is an old post but I think this will help people.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version