ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2019

NANY 2019: TextWorx - Universal Text Manipulator

<< < (15/20) > >>

nogojoe:
My program does not invoke any stopwatch application.  Textworx has a command to invoke charmap and notepad, but not stopwatch.
-BGM (February 06, 2019, 01:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well some how it is doing it when I use the save options in TextWorx .

ConstanceJill:
Hi there.

You may try to identify that process when it's running using, from the command line:
tasklist /fi "windowtitle eq Stopwatch"

It should give you the actual process name, which you'd then be able to find in the task manager, from where you should have the opportunity to open the file's location (using the right click menu on the process).

Whether or not it matches the "notepad.exe" or "charmap.exe" name, we'll still have some sort of clue. ( → If it doesn't, then maybe there is a registry entry somewhere that points to it, similar to how typing "pbrush" executes MSPaint on Windows 7, even though the actual executable's name is mspaint.exe and there is no such file as pbrush.exe on a default Windows 7 install… it's just there as some kind of compatibility setting.)

nogojoe:
Hi there.

You may try to identify that process when it's running using, from the command line:
tasklist /fi "windowtitle eq Stopwatch"

It should give you the actual process name, which you'd then be able to find in the task manager, from where you should have the opportunity to open the file's location (using the right click menu on the process).

Whether or not it matches the "notepad.exe" or "charmap.exe" name, we'll still have some sort of clue. ( → If it doesn't, then maybe there is a registry entry somewhere that points to it, similar to how typing "pbrush" executes MSPaint on Windows 7, even though the actual executable's name is mspaint.exe and there is no such file as pbrush.exe on a default Windows 7 install… it's just there as some kind of compatibility setting.)
-ConstanceJill (February 06, 2019, 03:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks I will give it a try later on . I’m interested as to what’s causing the stopwatch to appear because it doesn’t appear in / from any other program when I use the save or save as options. 

nogojoe:
Hi ConstanceJill.
Thanks for your help  in the end I didnt need to try what you suggested although I think it would have solved the problem as well.
After dwelling on it for half a day I came to the conclusion that there must be another program Im running that has a stopwatch function embedded in it.
I am running White Tigers program T-Clock -Redux  .A quick look in the context menu is a Stopwatch function .
I disabled the T-Clock Redux and the problem went away.
Further tracking the stopwatch function in T-Clock found that a hotkey had been set at Ctrl+S and when this was disabled and or set to another hotkey the problem remained solved.
So Ctrl+S hotkey was the culprit.
Maybe BGM can see why it is clashing in TextWorx
Thaks again ConstanceJill for your inspiration
nogojoe

BGM:
nogojoe,  TextWorx doesn't use the hotkey ctrl+s unless you set in manually in TextWorx's config.  Some programs cannot use a global hotkey if another program is already using it.  But other programs (TextWorx, included, I believe) will take over (hijack) that global hotkey if it is executed *after* a previous program is executed.  So, if you want TextWorx to take over ctrl+S (which I don't recommend, since many programs use it to save their work) then you'd have to set that hotkey in Textworx's config file (directions in the help file), then restart TextWorx.

However, in Windows, you can also assign a global hotkey to an application creating a shortcut to the program, and then in the shortcut's properties, by setting a "shortcut key".  I once had an issue with a program where the developer created this shortcut in startup with a shortcut key set.  It took me ages to find it.

In the end, I don't see how your issue with ctrl+s is related to TextWorx.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version