ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2019

NANY 2019: TextWorx - Universal Text Manipulator

<< < (13/20) > >>

Ath:
base10 to base64 or reverse
-BGM (January 22, 2019, 10:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
I've never seen a practical use of that, AFAIR :huh:

Base64 encoding of content is often used to transfer binary data in text-form, avoiding unexpected mangling by intermediate processing. And it was required for e-mail transport, as (older) Russian servers passing through the mail around their part of the i-net were only 7 bits, so if content contained 8 bit data it would come across mangled...

hope you don't mind waiting
-BGM (January 22, 2019, 10:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's no problem, I prefer my tools to work perfectly, so if all it takes is a little (more) time, that's fine with me :Thmbsup:

nogojoe:
Hi BGM
May have found a bug

When I hit Win.K and then on the menu that comes up I select editor  then hit save a stopwatch appears.
this also comes up with the normal saving of an item in editor
It also comes up as well if I hit save on the toolbar.

BGM:
Hmmm...  Need a little more info.  What Windows version? What are your computer specs?  What is the active window?  Does TextWorx have write-permissions to it's application folder? Maybe your anti-virus is interfering?
If it hangs when saving toolbar items, maybe it can't save it's settings.
I can't get it to not work here.  Make sure, maybe that you are using version 1.2?

nogojoe:
Hi BGM

Using 1.2 version

Attached is screenshot of computer specs.  and stopwatch that appears. Did a search for a stopwatch exe on the computer nothing came up

NANY 2019: TextWorx - Universal Text Manipulator NANY 2019: TextWorx - Universal Text Manipulator

Doesn't seem to hang.

Contro:
Version 1.1 is out now!
See my post here for details!

The best change is that now you can set a Global Hotkey for absolutely ANY TextWorx Command!
You can also customize the hotkeys for the TexWorx Menu and the TextWorx Toolbar!

When you assign hotkeys to TextWorx commands, though, be sure and think about how TextWorx uses shift and control as modifier keys for the commands - and TextWorx will honour those even if you use them for the hotkey - so there may some conflict.

You might want to use win alone for your hotkeys, and save ctrl and shift for it's command usage.

What I mean is this: Say you use 201 "encase" for a hotkey. If you use the shift key in your hotkey, it will only ever remove quotes because shift changes the command to reverse.

So, for commands that work on both lines and in reverse, you are best not to use control or shift in the hotkey.  Also, beware of using alt in your hotkeys, because alt often times invokes a windows own menu.  For commands that do not use the shift or control modifiers, you can freely use those modifiers in your command hotkeys.

Using hotkeys for commands is a little experimental right now, so it might not always work as expected yet.  Consider it a beta feature for now.
-BGM (January 20, 2019, 10:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have been for more than a week without the laptop for a small broken ventilation system.
And all I see are good news.
Best Regards.
I will try in a short time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version