ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2019

NANY 2019: TextWorx - Universal Text Manipulator

<< < (8/20) > >>

mouser:
Very impressive.  :up:

mouser:
Some screenshots on the web page would be nice.

BGM:
Mouser - you mean on the download page?  Okey, dokey, Boss.  I've added screenshots to the download page (my other apps already had them).

BGM:
Sure. As you know, different programmers/computer languages have different conventions for naming variables.

camel case: concatenated words with each word in titlecase or the first word in lowercase 
  ThisIsMyVariableName or thisIsMyVariableName

snake case: lower-case words concatenated by underscores
  this_is_my_variable_name

kebab case: lowercase words concatenated by dashes
  this-is-my-variable-name
-cytochrome (January 10, 2019, 10:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've been thinking about this.  But there's no way to tell where one part of the word starts and another ends.
Say you type:  thisismyvariablename - what kind of forensics is there to use to separate that string into words in order to work on the words separately?  Same thing for snake_case and kebab-case.  The best I can think of is to change spaces to - or _   But that would mean you'd have to put spaces in your variables... so I don't think this is possible without some extravagant database of words to search through and do regex camparisons.  Even then, many varables are not composed of words at all.  I don't think this can be done.

wraith808:
I was thinking that the ask was to take a phrase and turn it into the appropriate case.  So if you had this is a variable it would be turned into this_is_a_variable or this-is-a-variable.  Nothing would be done to thisisavariable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version