ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2019

NANY 2019: TextWorx - Universal Text Manipulator

<< < (3/20) > >>

BGM:
Version 0.6 is ready.  I fixed all the startup issues. Best to start with a fresh setup this time.

mouser:
Looks terrific.  :up:

panzer:
Looks very useful.

Ath:
try again, please.  I uploaded a new version.
-BGM (January 05, 2019, 11:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
Updated to the latest release just now, and it starts up without issues and works as intended (I guess ;D)
Replacements work like a charm, very useful, especially as I'm working/developing in web browsers for a living, that don't have much smarts in text manipulation (and I sometimes accidentally switch on cAPS lOCK...), where re-typing is the usual way of fixing things.

You might want to package it a bit different before uploading to your (WP) site, there are 5 zipfiles in this TextWorx release-zip, and I had to manually select the latest to extract the files from. A single TextWorx.zip file holding only the latest application-files should suffice, IMHO.

Ath:
I have a feature request:

* In the Transform menu, could 'Base64 Encode' and 'Base64 Decode' be added? (Should probably be separate entries, as for some purposes a double encoding is used...)
And a few bug-reports:

* Convert / 'URI encode | decode' : is duplicated on the Transform menu
* Transform / 'URI encode | decode' : on the same selection does only URI encode, not a decode when a valid % encoding is in the selection
* Convert / 'Dec to Hex | Hex to Dec' : does only Dec to Hex (20 -> 14 -> E -> <error>), maybe a prefix (#/$/0x) should be added on the Hex result?
* Hm, it seems all those dual-conversions only do the 'left side' of the conversion, all work in progress, I presume?
And some other findings:

* 'Sort and Number' / 'Renumber Lines*' and 'Increment Tokens*' : popup view can't be closed/cancelled using <Esc> key
* Popup views sometimes show (almost) off-screen when the mouse is close to the screen-edge/Windows taskbar (The <Win-K> menu is shown completely on-screen as it should)
* The SysTray menu has 2 'Exit' entries
This is what I tested so far.

Thanks for a great utility :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version