ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2019

NANY 2019: TextWorx - Universal Text Manipulator

<< < (2/20) > >>

BGM:
Fellas, I'm almost ready for posting a link.  There are a few more things to work out before I do so, but I'll be able to do it this week.

The big thing about this method of text manipulation is that it doesn't have a gui window of it's own.
AND all of the commands in the menu can also be put into a toolbar - you get to pick and choose what commands to put in the toolbar, and you can have multiple toolbars to choose from, all that interact with the text editor.

Wow, I've never seen Text Monkey before!
But after I post mine, I'll be open to requests.

I appreciate your patience!  I'm almost done...

BGM:
Okay, I've uploaded a working version.  I'm still working on it.  Most things work pretty well, but there are a few problems that I still need to iron out.  Also, I'm working on the documentation.

If you want to add another custom toolbar, quit TextWorx and edit the textworx.ini file.  In the [toolbar] section, add 1 to "maxcustom"  - it should be the total number of toolbars.  Then, the ini key name for the toolbar should be something like 101 or 102 depending on how many you have.  I plan to add an options window to the program that will do this for you.  Right now there are a lot of options that can be edited only by changing the ini file; but wait for the documentation.

PasteHyperlink is for editing html.  Copy a url to your clipboard, then select some text that you want to become the link text.  TextWorx will copy text, wrap it in link tags and add the href for you.

For the Open with Notepad items in the tools menu, you have to make sure the full path to your notedpad or text editor is in the ini file.  I'll add an options panel to insert it correctly in the ini file.  But I'm just mentioning it here in case you are wondering and are interested in tinkering.

Yes, the main menu can be customized as well to display favourite commands.  I might make the entire menu customizable, but that will have to come later.  When I get the options panel working, at least you'll be able to add favourites to the main menu.

BGM:
Version 0.4 can now be had.  Lots of fixes and is working much better now.

Ath:
Hm, after downloading the zip and extracting the files from 1546662571wpdm_TextWorx.zip inside the zip (that is the most recent zip file, though the exe seems to have the same timestamp as from the 1546662547wpdm_TextWorx.zip) I get an errormessage after starting TextWorx.exe:

Trying it out in the forum's editor pane (while typing this message) it wouldn't convert upper/lower/title/sentence case or encase a selection, I'm not sure that's by design? (using Firefox 64.0 (64bit)). The same is the case in Notepad++ (v7.5.9, 32 bit). This is most likely caused by that error.

BGM:
Ath - try again, please.  I uploaded a new version.  I'm still learning how to get around the wordpress thing; maybe I did something wrong there.
For the menu error - wow, that sort of erases half the rest of the menu, and destroys the toolbar.  I'm working on fixing that.
But the case conversion should work now.

My dev config file is full so it has everything; I have to work on the startup version now.  Hold tight, please!  Don't give up on me!

For now, put this in textworx.ini and restart textworx.  It will fix the menu and the toolbar.

--- ---[Glyphs]
;Note that you can name the menu anything, but you can't have two menu items with the same spelling (case doesn't count)
;a nice trick to having two menus with the same name is to add an extra space somewhere
maxcustom=20
100=Copyright Symbol|169
101=Registered Trademark (R)|174
102=Trademark (TM)|153
103=separator
104=disc|149
105=Cross|134
106=separator

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page