ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2019

NANY 2019: TextWorx - Universal Text Manipulator

<< < (9/20) > >>

BGM:
oh, well, if there were word separations, such as spaces, that would be easy. thisisavariable would be quite difficult (more difficult than I am interested in, anyway!).  However, would anybody ever want to do that to a phrase?  I think Cytochrome wanted to do it to thisisavariable, and I can understand wanting to do that.  When people write variables in code, they never write them with spaces between.  I would actually find it easier to camelcase the vars as they come to me in my mind than to put spaces into them where they don't belong.

Contro:
I all my testing work like a charm !!!!!!!  :-* :P

;D

But I have something to ask....

For years in DC i have been asking for features and more features about manipulating text.
Some of these features are powerful features in TextWorx.
Some of the same features are useful in PsPad program.

I use PsPad from several years and I am very used to it.

Recently I begin a discussion in pspad forum to ask for the possibility to link to a folder from inside a plain text file (txt file for instance).

The real thing is that from PsPad I can launch an url, but not a folder. At least no directly. By similar reasons I can't launch a file to open or a program.

pspad answered me : No it can't to know it.
File/folder path can contain spaces, URL like protocols not. So PSpad isn't able to take general text and duess where is end.

I have accepted this as a logical rule or limitation in the txt files.

But I proposed there and here an idea.

One of the options in the pspad contextual menu : "Open Selected file in default application" allow me to open a folder, a file, a program....

I have an old script (of course I don't remember how I did) to select from the cursor a text to the beginning of the line. In a txt file, or even here.

As pspad said there are limitations, but is possible to select manually a chain of characters and launch with the option above of the contextual menu.
I don't remember how of course, but I know is possible to launch in a batch file or other environments (AHK, Autoit,....) this chain of characters.

So I am launching from the txt file folders, programs, files to open with word or acrobat, etc (images, videos, audios,.....) with the above method.

Is it possible a little script included in TextWorx to launch selective chains ?

By example :

c:/program files\textworx\textworx.exe

If I put the cursor at the end of the above chain and the script select it and automate the launching. Automate to launch with the default application you have configurated if any. In other case do nothing.

:-* :P

P.S. I have assigned Ctrl+.   (control and "." ) to selected a line from the cursor to the beginning of the line.
But any configurable hotkey may serve.

Best Regards

BGM:
I'm glad you like TextWorx - it's one of my long-time programs, and I happily use it myself.
In the Tools & Options menu, there is a command to simply RUN the selected text.
Also, if you look in the help file under Tools, you'll see a way to add your own programs into the menu.

Just select the text and choose RUN Text from the Tools Menu, it could be anything (but it doesn't do multiple lines - I think I'll add that too).
notepad "c:\test.txt"
calc

For selective chains, I've been thinking about that.  As things are, you would have to use the Select Line command, then the RUN text command.
Unless you use notepad3, which has selective chains built in already (meaning, if you push ctrl+c with no text selection in notepad3, notepad3 copies the entire line).

However, TextWorx does this for the Duplicate function.  If you use the Duplicate command with no text selection, TextWorx will grab the entire line (internally using Select Line on it's own). 

I've been thinking about making TextWorx do this for everything, not only Duplicate.  I'll add this to my list.

However, if you want to create hyperlinks to open stuff for you, check out my other program called Protocaller.  Besides html pages, there are some programs that will let you use system url protocols (there are some that limit you to just http).

Contro:
I'm glad you like TextWorx - it's one of my long-time programs, and I happily use it myself.
In the Tools & Options menu, there is a command to simply RUN the selected text.
Also, if you look in the help file under Tools, you'll see a way to add your own programs into the menu.

Just select the text and choose RUN Text from the Tools Menu, it could be anything (but it doesn't do multiple lines - I think I'll add that too).
notepad "c:\test.txt"
calc

For selective chains, I've been thinking about that.  As things are, you would have to use the Select Line command, then the RUN text command.
Unless you use notepad3, which has selective chains built in already (meaning, if you push ctrl+c with no text selection in notepad3, notepad3 copies the entire line).

However, TextWorx does this for the Duplicate function.  If you use the Duplicate command with no text selection, TextWorx will grab the entire line (internally using Select Line on it's own). 

I've been thinking about making TextWorx do this for everything, not only Duplicate.  I'll add this to my list.

However, if you want to create hyperlinks to open stuff for you, check out my other program called Protocaller.  Besides html pages, there are some programs that will let you use system url protocols (there are some that limit you to just http).

-BGM (January 16, 2019, 03:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
Running to try protocaller.
But .... Wher is the Tools & Options menu.
I put a screenshot after activation of the program with Win+K

I am doing something bad !  . I don't see the option.
 :-\

Contro:
I am doing some disconfiguration.
I try the help and the option appears, but not in my menu....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version