ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2019

NANY 2019: AHK Script Center

<< < (2/3) > >>

4wd:
I am confused as to why you call it the same name as the already well known AutoHotkey.exe ? I find this weird, even dodgy.

-Curt (December 29, 2018, 02:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Confusing?-Shades (December 29, 2018, 09:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

It sounds like Curt has confused the included AutHotkey.exe executable as being the compiled script executable when it's just an included copy of the AutoHotkey interpreter which is being used to run the script, (AHK Script Center.ahk).

Which the shortcut properties show:

--- Code: Text ---"C:\Users\?????\Desktop\Mega Test\AutoHotkey.exe" "AHK Script Center.ahk"
It's still too bad the nongs at Microsoft can't let you use relative addressing in shortcuts, would have been so useful since about .... Windows 1.0.

Curt:
Sorry for my misunderstanding!  :-[

AutoHotkey.exe from autohotkey.com/download/ is 3.3 MB, so I (wrongly) concluded that Mikeys-Mega-Script-Pack's AutoHotkey.exe 875 KB was something different from AutoHotkey.exe...

NANY 2019: AHK Script Center

mat2016:
For my purposes, I will create a Setup.exe for the Mega Pack that creates a proper shortcut to run AutoHotkey.exe and AHK Script Center.ahk in whatever folder the user specifies. I have just left that static shortcut in there for now that can easily be updated.

Maestr0:
For my purposes, I will create a Setup.exe for the Mega Pack that creates a proper shortcut to run AutoHotkey.exe and AHK Script Center.ahk in whatever folder the user specifies. I have just left that static shortcut in there for now that can easily be updated.
-mat2016 (December 30, 2018, 09:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

You could have the installer to check the registry if there is a link to the .ahk file and only download if it hasn't been registered yet.

wraith808:
-mat2016 (December 30, 2018, 09:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

You could have the installer to check the registry if there is a link to the .ahk file and only download if it hasn't been registered yet.
-Maestr0 (December 30, 2018, 09:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Or it would be simpler to just ask for the location of AHK.  Several other programs have set precedence for something like that, and it wouldn't require an installer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version