ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Possible Malware Debug - HW laptop back-light detector

<< < (6/10) > >>

BGM:
I have a problem with my computer, even after a new hard drive "Reach" install of Windows 10, so a fresh Windows 10 install is being used. The problem is that my computer will, at seemingly random points in time during the night, reactivate my screen, after it has powered down.
-Asudem (December 24, 2018, 09:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe look to see if you have your network NIC set to wake up?
https://www.howtogeek.com/170716/how-to-stop-network-activity-from-waking-your-windows-pc/

Other than that, I believe this is probably some software issue or system setting.

Asudem:
Maybe look to see if you have your network NIC set to wake up?
https://www.howtogeek.com/170716/how-to-stop-network-activity-from-waking-your-windows-pc/
-BGM (February 17, 2019, 11:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
All those settings have been disabled.

Sorry to bump an old thread but I updated to Win10 1903 and the problem has come back. Last night, the monitor powered on, so I got up and turned the machine onto airplane mode just to be sure, went back to bed, and after a few hours, it did turn on again. I am at my wits end here. I need to trace the root of this problem!

Shades:
Are you sure there is not a scheduled task configured in your system that triggers the monitor/Windows to activate again?

Even if you did not configure one or never even have created such a task on your system, that doesn't mean such a task won't exist. And yes, although the name implies that these tasks are executed based on any kind of time interval, you can also create tasks that are triggered by changes in software or settings that happen in your system. A Microsoft update could have added such a task.

Asudem:
Are you sure there is not a scheduled task configured in your system that triggers the monitor/Windows to activate again?

Even if you did not configure one or never even have created such a task on your system, that doesn't mean such a task won't exist. And yes, although the name implies that these tasks are executed based on any kind of time interval, you can also create tasks that are triggered by changes in software or settings that happen in your system. A Microsoft update could have added such a task.
-Shades (July 11, 2019, 08:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

I will check, but just moments ago my screen turned itself off by itself for the first time during use. All previous instances in which it has turned on/off were not during use.

Asudem:
Using procmon and nircmd, I began banging away at various programs that were performing tasks while the computer's monitor was off to no avail. Last night the screen turned on unprovoked several times.

We had also once wondered if it still happened "when the lid is closed". I got fed up and closed my lid and my computer entered full sleep mode rather than the monitor powering off after a timeout. Several minutes later, yes, my computer woke up while the lid was still closed.

I am literally losing sleep over this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version