ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Possible Malware Debug - HW laptop back-light detector

<< < (9/10) > >>

Asudem:
FWIW, according to the following article which discusses LockApp.exe, it can be disabled:

https://www.howtogeek.com/366271/what-is-lockapp.exe-on-windows-10/
-ewemoa (July 18, 2019, 08:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Interesting, thank you! I've made the change in the registry and will see if this combined with no notifications has any effect tonight.

3am EDIT: *SLAMS HEAD MULTIPLE TIMES ON DESK* Nothing.... nothing can stop this...

ewemoa:
Sorry it's still around.

On the off-chance you haven't seen the following, this thread sounded awfully similar:

https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/134542-windows-10-upgrade-1903-64-bit-sleep-wakes-up-multiple-computers.html

It appears there was some success for the original poster described on the second page of the thread, with the original suggestion (plus link to article) on the first page.

Asudem:
Sorry it's still around.

On the off-chance you haven't seen the following, this thread sounded awfully similar:

https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/134542-windows-10-upgrade-1903-64-bit-sleep-wakes-up-multiple-computers.html

It appears there was some success for the original poster described on the second page of the thread, with the original suggestion (plus link to article) on the first page.
-ewemoa (July 19, 2019, 01:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thank you! I tried quite a bit from that thread. I also find the following commands from ghacks VERY useful, and might make a snack to make this a little easier:

Command line Fu

Here is a list of useful commands that can help you find out more about your PC's sleep mode and wake up configuration:

powercfg -a displays a list of available sleep states of the computer.
powercfg -devicequery wake_armed lists all devices that can wake the computer
powercfg -devicequery wake_programmable lists all devices that can be programmed to wake up the PC.
powercfg -devicedisablewake "exact device name" disables the wake functionality of the selected device.
powercfg -deviceenablewake "exact device name" will enable that device again.
powercfg -lastwake displays the last device that woke up the PC.
powercfg -waketimers lists all active wake timers.
--- End quote ---

Asudem:
It turned on again... I'm fairly close to igniting this computer in gasoline. I'm just going to say it's cursed at this point.

No more laptops for me. I'll build a nice desktop with a Linux distro that can run my favorite games. None of this NVIDIA Optimus tripe.

mouser:
Have you checked in the bios and made sure you have all wake-on-lan and any other fishy options disabled?

If you turn off your network adapter (e.g. disconnect ethernet, disconnect from wireless), does the problem still happen?
Have you tried turning off automatic update checking?

Have you any 3rd party (like laptop manufacturer, or intel) app that might be trying to check regularly for updates?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version