ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Android Apps

Problems getting started with Checklist DC

<< < (3/4) > >>

cyberdiva:
Thanks very much, rjbull and IainB, for your suggestions. rShopping List - Grocery List looks interesting, but two of the four stores I'd probably include don't have easily identifiable aisles (at least, I've never found them easily identifiable or findable  :o ). And the ones that do, like Safeway, would require me to go to the store and make careful notes about what is found in each aisle. That may be more work than I want to do.

As for PriceCruncher, its main feature seems to be calculating prices in varying sizes. That's a useful feature for many people, but it's not really what I'm looking for.

I also don't need to be able to list all the stores that have the items I'm looking for. I have a good sense of when I want to go to the Safeway, when to Trader Joe's, etc. I don't need an app that will tell me in which store(s) I can find apples or butter or chicken breasts.  I pretty much know that already.  What I need is a list that I can use when I go to store X or Y to remind me of what items I want to buy. I'd like that list to be organized so that all the vegetables I want will be listed together, as will all the fruit, all the poultry, all the dairy products, etc. Actually, it's somewhat more complicated than this, since the Safeway I shop in is at times rather chaotic, but I can see how I might deal with that. I suspect that thanks to NigelH's suggestion, Mouser's Checklist DC may wind up being the app that will best meet my needs.  :up:

IainB:
@cyberdiva:
Now I is confuzzled:
I tried to set Checklist DC up to handle this, but I got nowhere ...
... I'm beginning to suspect that the app simply isn't designed to do this sort of thing. ...
-cyberdiva (December 22, 2018, 02:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

I suspect that thanks to NigelH's suggestion, Mouser's Checklist DC may wind up being the app that will best meet my needs. 
-cyberdiva (December 24, 2018, 05:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Does that mean you've seen how to work within what might have previously looked like its constraints, to do what you wanted to do?

cyberdiva:
NigelH suggested combining what I saw as two separate levels into one.  So instead of Label being, say, fruit, and then not having a way to indicate different fruit items (since the app currently has only two levels), Nigel combined Label and Item. So Label could be, say, fruit-apples, fruit-bananas, fruit-strawberries, etc. Thus, though it first seemed to me that a two-level Checklist wouldn't meet my needs, I'm now able to work around that limitation.

rjbull:
rShopping List - Grocery List looks interesting, but two of the four stores I'd probably include don't have easily identifiable aisles
[...]
What I need is a list that I can use when I go to store X or Y to remind me of what items I want to buy. I'd like that list to be organized so that all the vegetables I want will be listed together, as will all the fruit, all the poultry, all the dairy products, etc.-cyberdiva (December 24, 2018, 05:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't overlook that rShopping List - Grocery List has categories, which it calls labels, and you can set it to show only items that have a particular label.  See screenshots.  I don't use aisles either, I don't see the point; they vary by shop, and are occasionally moved around.  I too think it more useful to group "Fruit" together, "Canned Goods" together, etc., and being able to display one such group at at a time is potentially useful.

Actually, this thread made me go back to HandyShopper.  I hadn't realised that it too has this very feature...  :-[

Problems getting started with Checklist DCProblems getting started with Checklist DC

cyberdiva:
Thanks very much, rjbull, for your helpful follow-up about rShoppingList. It has a number of attractive features, but right now I feel it offers too many features that I don't need, such as comparing prices at different stores, or telling me how much I paid for an item the last time I bought it. Heck, I don't even want to have to put in the prices, not even with a bar scanner.  Having an entire page devoted to each item seems like overkill to me, at least in terms of what I want from my shopping list.  I'm looking for something quite simple, though perhaps with a few more features than mouser's Checklist DC currently has. I think I'm going to see whether I can make Checklist work for me. If it can't, I may give rShoppingList a try.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version