ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Android Apps

Problems getting started with Checklist DC

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
Let me chew on the idea of custom label sizes.. I'm wary of having my android apps explode in custom options like my windows apps, especially since I already have quite a lot of font options..
Yep, I get it now that your attempt use a 3-level hierarchy explains the trouble/confusion you were having.  It's exacerbated by the fact that my apps let you "edit" the categories, which makes it seem like they can be arranged into a top level hierarchy themselves, but in fact the category editor is just letting you rearrange, hide, and rename them.

It has occurred to me that a 3-level hierarchy feature might be useful.. basically letting you OPTIONALLY arrange items into a level above tabs.. call them "Books" (or files).  Unlike tabs, you would only ever be viewing one "book" at a time.  It's just an idea..

rjbull:
The best shopping (and general) check list I've seen is HandyShopper for the Palm. Some Android apps are meant to be similar, e.g. rShopping List - Grocery List.

rjbull:
What I'd like to do is have a shopping list that includes several stores, such as Safeway, Trader Joe's, etc., or perhaps several lists, one for each store.  For each store, I'd like to have a list of things I want to buy.-cyberdiva (December 22, 2018, 02:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

HandyShopper does this by defining a master list of items, and also a list of stores.  When you define a new item, you check which (multiple) stores it can be bought in.  Probably the key to using HandyShopper is that it has multiple views.  When you need to go shopping, you start off with the "All" view which shows the master list view combined with the "All Stores" view. As you check off each item you need it acquires a greyed-out checkbox.  When you finish your list, you change to the "Need" view.  Everything not marked disappears, and the checkboxes of the remaining "needed" items go live.  When you get to a store, you can if you wish change from "All Stores" to a view of the particular store you're in.

IainB:
@rjbull:
rShopping List - Grocery List - looks very nifty. Nice find. Thanks.

IainB:
...What I'd like to do is have a shopping list that includes several stores, such as Safeway, Trader Joe's, etc., or perhaps several lists, one for each store.  For each store, I'd like to have a list of things I want to buy. I'd like these things organized into sections, such as Produce, Dairy, Meat, etc. And then under each section, I'd list the things I want. Under produce, I might list tomatoes, butternut squash, grapes, etc. ...
... I'm beginning to suspect that the app simply isn't designed to do this sort of thing. ...
-cyberdiva (December 22, 2018, 02:44 PM)
--- End quote ---
Out of interest, I searched "comparative shopping list" on Google/Android Play Store, and came up with a stack of apps that might fit your needs.
One in particular: Price Cruncher Shopping List, by Brainservice Apps - looked pretty useful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version