ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google being jerks in order to dominate the internet

<< < (3/3)

wraith808:
I take it that you're using a paid account... at what level are you subscribing?
-wraith808 (December 22, 2018, 03:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not so. I'm using the free tier. I was an early adopter so they gave me at least one extra perk. Free accounts get 500 MB of storage and I have 1 GB of storage, of which I'm only using <10 MB. I have no idea what, if any, other bonuses I get for being an early adopter.

I wish they had an even smaller subscription tier. I'd gladly pay $10-12/year, but $48-$60/year makes me question if I really need any of the additional features, the answer to which has been no thus far.

-Deozaan (December 24, 2018, 01:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have that too, and with attachments, 1gb is just not enough for the volume of email that I receive and keep.

cyberdiva:
Many thanks, Deozaan, for answering my questions. I'm glad to know that the expiring emails feature is optional. It's not one I'd choose. As for the possibility of Proton not supporting Pale Moon, they list the browsers they support, and PM is not among them. Though it's based on Firefox, PM has become increasingly independent. Some current features of Firefox do not work on PM (e.g., the way FF now handles web extensions). I'm not unhappy about this, since some of the extensions I prize most highly no longer work on FF but do on PM. But it does mean that PM may no longer be seen as just another version of Firefox. I guess I could try Proton out and see. However, the 500 MB storage limit also gives me pause. I've got about 2.5 GB on my main Gmail account (with a limit of 15 GB). So I think if I decide to give Proton a try, it would be as an additional secondary account, not a replacement for Gmail. In any event, I very much appreciate knowing about it.

Deozaan:
For what it's worth, I'm using about 4 GB of storage in my Gmail account which I've been using since ~2004.

Maybe 15 years from now I'll also be using around 4 GB in ProtonMail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version