ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2019

NANY 2019: Shorthand 3_2

<< < (3/9) > >>

Shades:
alternatively, I guess I could use code like this (but if the long paths work with the quotation marks, I don't see the need):

--- ---@echo OFF

SET ShortHandFolder=%~s1
START %ShortHandFolder%app\AHKv2_x32.exe %ShortHandFolder%shorthand3_ahk2.ahk
SET ShortHandFolder=-Maestr0 (January 06, 2019, 09:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Whenever I use the quotes the following screen appears:

NANY 2019: Shorthand 3_2

And I am sure the application to be used to run the .ahk script has been defined with:  START "%ShortHandFolder%app\AHKv2_x32.exe|"

When expecting people to use folder and/or file names with spaces, you normally use ", of that I am very well aware. Why Windows now trips over this, that puzzles me.

Maestr0:
I can expand on that.  First I tried the search term 'look' and I got results but only from the C:\  partition. Then I added the highlighted text (I have several pen drives, each with it's own drive letter) to  the ini file and now the same search term returns results from multiple partitions.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
-Shades (January 07, 2019, 06:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

oh, the system_list entry there is not required for searching. Those are just used for scoring. I think it's more likely that results from earlier searches didn't find those other drives, because "Everything" wasn't finished building the index yet. Could you remove the additions from system_list and see if you can confirm my thoughts?

Maestr0:
@echo OFF

SET ShortHandFolder=%~s1
START %ShortHandFolder%app\AHKv2_x32.exe %ShortHandFolder%shorthand3_ahk2.ahk
SET ShortHandFolder=
-Shades (January 07, 2019, 06:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

gotcha, will use that one (and hope Windows doesn't stop using shortfoldernames anytime soon :D

Shades:
oh, the system_list entry there is not required for searching. Those are just used for scoring. I think it's more likely that results from earlier searches didn't find those other drives, because "Everything" wasn't finished building the index yet. Could you remove the additions from system_list and see if you can confirm my thoughts?
-Maestr0 (January 11, 2019, 02:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

You were right about the alterations I made to the ini file. Those appear to be unnecessary.

Maestr0:
You were right about the alterations I made to the ini file. Those appear to be unnecessary.
-Shades (January 12, 2019, 12:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for the confirmation. I don't know how to code to prevent that. There's no communication between Everything and the script that allows for that as far as I can see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version