ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Directory Opus 12 - 40% discount

(1/3) > >>

gusts:
It's the GP Software 2018 Holiday Sale! - https://www.gpsoft.com.au/

To celebrate the end of another fine year of Directory Opus development, GP Software is pleased to announce the 2018 Holiday sale is now on!

Until January 3rd, everything Directory Opus-related is 40% off! That means:

Directory Opus Light is 40% off
Directory Opus Pro is 40% off
Upgrades from Opus 11 or earlier to Opus 12 are 40% off
Extra licences are 40% off
Optional features like Advanced FTP and USB export are 40% off
It's all 40% off! :)

To take advantage of this sale, use the coupon code HOLIDAYS2018 before January 3rd, 2019.

To upgrade or buy new copies of Opus 12, visit the Directory Opus online purchase page.
To add licences and optional features to your existing licence, login to the My Account page.
Discount applies to personal licences (maximum 5 installs) only. Only available from the GP Software website.
We hope you've had a great 2018. Enjoy the holiday season and we wish you a fantastic year in 2019!

All the best,
Greg & Jon
GP Software, Brisbane, Australia

ital2:
Ha, ha, ha, just do your maths.

DO 12 is fighting its last battle here, early Summer of 2019 should see DO 13. So the only relevant "question" - well, not really, I think I know the answer - here is, is the major upgrade 12>13 included or not, i.e. will it cost the usual price instead.

Christmas 2017, they did NOT have any such offer, and of course not, since there was no to-be-paid-then upgrade in sight, but now it is.

Years ago, they were on bits, within the same scheme, just months before the end of the line of the current version, but early enough for the then pending upgrade to be regularly-priced.

And since there's not a thing about this situation in the ad above, I suppose they try to treat us here as dumb as many bits customers are.

Minus 40 p.c. and then just months later minus 40 p.c. again is, well, above 100 % in total.

Shades:
Unless you are happy with the version of DOpus you bought at 40% discount?

By the time you have an idea on how to use the (new) functionality built into DOpus to your workflow, you can buy the next version at discounted prices. You don't have to the latest and greatest at the time it arrives. And even if you do, in my experience DOpus is worth the full asking price. So you either shop sensibly or pay "the penalties" for running at the front-lines. Calling that dumb is incorrect in my point of view.

If I cared enough to make a Christmas wish, I would spent mine on wishing GPSoft to take the codebase from an older version of DOpus (like version 9 or so) and start making a version with that codebase for Linux. Any distro GPSoft would choose to work with would be my distro of choice. Even if it would be one they are building from the ground up.

Tuxman:
The one thing that prevented me from ever legally buying DOpus is the absurd price. Honestly, its usability advantages when compared to other file managers are not that large.

wraith808:
The one thing that prevented me from ever legally buying DOpus is the absurd price. Honestly, its usability advantages when compared to other file managers are not that large.
-Tuxman (December 22, 2018, 09:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've tried quite a few of them.  The incremental updates per year are not that much... but yeah, it's better to me than any others and thus worth the price at least for a periodic buy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version