ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > DonationCoder.com Newsletters

Super-sized Newsletter for December 3rd, 2018 - Codename: Wedding Feathers

<< < (3/4) > >>

mouser:
One last thing.. It really is nice to see replies to the newsletters, and get some encouragement about them.  For whatever reason, it's not my favorite thing to do so every bit of positive reinforcement helps!

mouser:
ps. If you're not signed up to receive the newsletter by mail, you can sign up here: https://www.donationcoder.com/editorials/newsletter

tomos:
One last thing.. It really is nice to see replies to the newsletters, and get some encouragement about them.  For whatever reason, it's not my favorite thing to do so every bit of positive reinforcement helps!
-mouser (December 05, 2018, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
well it is great to get the overview :up:

I was wondering: do you sit down at some stage and start trawling dc to find relevant threads, or do you keep an ongoing record of possible candidate threads between newsletters?

Jay_H:
Well, better late than never (most of the time).
Congratulations to both of you on your marriage! I wish you the best life has to offer.
Mouser, you are incredible! Thank you for sharing your programming genius with us mortals.

Sincerely,
Jay_H

mouser:
I was wondering: do you sit down at some stage and start trawling dc to find relevant threads, or do you keep an ongoing record of possible candidate threads between newsletters?
--- End quote ---

I wrote a script that shows me all new posts in each forum section since the last newsletter, in a format suitable for copy+paste into newsletter, but there is still a lot of manual labor involved in checking links, pruning, reorganizing them into appropriate newsletter sections, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version