ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Deskrule v2.0 beta featuring offline search catalog

<< < (5/6) > >>

tomos:
Did you add only basic information in the catalog or full properties + preview?
-umeca74 (December 11, 2018, 07:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
basic info only added

as a search path use "dr::catalog\XX" where XX is the number of the problematic import (as seen in MANAGE MEDIA dialog). Then do a basic search like having a ? in the filename box (will match any name). This will show you all files imported from this external storage. Is there anything found?
-umeca74 (December 11, 2018, 07:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
this method did not work for any of the drives added !!
I tried with and without quotes -- I get the message: "Please supply a valid root folder for the search"
See copied text & shots below:
mid   serialNo   label   comment
4   3136187267   BackUp   Backup drive V Deskrule v2.0 beta featuring offline search catalog

EDIT//
if I search offline for '?' (not adding any number to dr::catalog) it lists files from the other drives. But none from the first import. I guess I will delete it and add it again. But not today.

umeca74:
sorry, I should have clarified that XX is the plain number of the media, not the serial number. So in your case try 4 for your first medium

btw, I have released deskrule v2 so please get that one to continue your tests:
https://www.zabkat.com/deskrule/index-test.htm

you have also earned a free unlock key, please email me for more details :)

tomos:
thanks nikos
I haven't been a great beta-tester: I still want to search my tagged photos, and see if I can find associated text in png's (via mouser's Screenshot Captor), but I just havent had *any* time lately. I will get back to it but not sure when (later in the week hopefully -- will post again then).

tomos:
Having another go here (version 2.0.0.0) :
I can find 1960_Mary.jpg (full filename) but searching *Mary* finds nothing?

Help says that
searching for TEST by name will find files called TESTME.TXT and FIRST TEST.TXT, but will not find A1TEST.DOC. To find the last file you must use explicit wildcards like *TEST*.
--- End quote ---

umeca74:
it works for me... but I don't see any obvious reason why it shouldn't be working for you!?
after the failed search, if you extend the ADVANCED search panel, how does it look like?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version