ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock mostly obscured by black rectangle

<< < (2/3) > >>

Hrafn:
Hmmm. It seems that explorestart.exe doesn't actually restart explorer (at least on my computer). I had to restart it due to an unrelated anomaly, tried explorestart.exe which again did nothing, so tried the instructions for that anomaly, which was to restart it through Task Manager. This solved the new problem, the icons on the taskbar disappeared and the opened instance of Explorer on the taskbar closed (unlike with explorestart.exe which did none of this).

I'll try restarting Explorer from Task Manager next time I experience the anomaly, to see if this will help.

WhiteTigX:
It's weird that the NirSoft program doesn't work :P they're pretty good usually. (even though "basic")
When I've talked about restarting the explorer, I've meant the T-Clock way :P Why not use it when it's there?
@Hrafn could you try T-Clock's method to see if that is able to restart explorer?

Once again, it works like this: hold down "Ctrl" and Right-Click T-Clock to open the "extended" menu, at the bottom (below "Exit T-Clock") you should see some extended functionality and "Restart Explorer" (if your Ctrl key is broken, you may use Shift instead.. or use both)

IainB:
@WhiteTigX:
...try T-Clock's method to see if that is able to restart explorer...
-WhiteTigX (December 06, 2018, 12:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
Quite nifty. Thanks. I had never realised that feature was there until you mentioned it earlier in this thread. Anyway, I tried it and it seems to work just fine. I shall use it in future, but shall retain RestartExplorer to use for those times when the Start Menu is playing up and one cannot select anything in or below the Systray (this is when the Start Menu is vertical on the LHS).

WhiteTigX:
@WhiteTigX:
...try T-Clock's method to see if that is able to restart explorer...
-WhiteTigX (December 06, 2018, 12:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
Quite nifty. Thanks. I had never realised that feature was there until you mentioned it earlier in this thread. Anyway, I tried it and it seems to work just fine. I shall use it in future, but shall retain RestartExplorer to use for those times when the Start Menu is playing up and one cannot select anything in or below the Systray (this is when the Start Menu is vertical on the LHS).
-IainB (December 06, 2018, 10:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well... actually you can call this T-Clock function via command line as well :P Should be documented within the `T-Clock Help.rtf`
Though yeah, IIRC it requires T-Clock to hook the tray first, so it might not work if the explorer freezes or something like that.

Curt:
Hmmm. It seems that explorestart.exe doesn't actually restart explorer (at least on my computer). -Hrafn (December 06, 2018, 07:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
You can use this tool [Explorestart] in the following operating systems: Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, and Windows XP.-2004 Nir Sofer
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version