ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

AceText - text & clipboard manager (for coders, writers, etc.)

<< < (8/10) > >>

srdiamond:
Loss of clipboard connection is a problem most of the clipboard managers have not addressed, but is completely avoided by a few. Clipmate and the new ClipCache automatically detect disconnection and re-establish it. I have never had a disconnection problem with them. AceText and AccelClip, otherwise my favorites, have not completely resolved the disconnection issue, although AceText has recently included technology that avoids disconnection caused by hibernation. To me, disconnection is a particularly annoying problem, and I'm not sure why more clipboard managers haven't included the technology available in ClipMate and ClipCache to eliminate the problem. Does this technology perhaps consume a lot of resources? Finally, does Clipboard Help and Spell include technology to avoid disconnection?

Quick Paste Menu, Quick Paste Menu, Quick Paste Menu . . . just that feature would make a killer standalone app.  Having a clipboard manager wrapped around it helps.  As clipboard applications tend to sometimes lose their connection to the clipboard, having two apps comes in handy -- I've yet to have both lose touch at the same time.
-allen (September 11, 2006, 05:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

tomos:

In Clipboard Help and Spell -

Options > Clipboard >
has an option -

"Re-establish clipboard periodically"

rjbull:
ArsClip also has clipboard break detection and repair.  It's a tad trigger-happy - it once gave me the message that "arsclip" had broken the chain   ;D  but the program works well.

rjbull:
Has anyone compared AceText with CodeSector's MemoClip?

cthorpe:
Loss of clipboard connection is a problem most of the clipboard managers have not addressed, but is completely avoided by a few. Clipmate and the new ClipCache automatically detect disconnection and re-establish it. I have never had a disconnection problem with them.
-srdiamond (May 23, 2007, 12:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't know about that.  I've had Clipmate lose it's connection on me.  It's really annoying when I've clipped a lot of things in succession while counting on Clipmate to powerpaste them into something else.  It's rare, but it does happen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version