ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

AceText - text & clipboard manager (for coders, writers, etc.)

<< < (5/10) > >>

mouser:
great post allen.

My motivation behind creating Clipboard Help And Spell was to create a free clipboard program that possessed the core strengths of Clipmate but was free and did some important things better (search, spelling, formatting).

allen:
My motivation behind creating Clipboard Help And Spell was to create a free clipboard program that possessed the core strengths of Clipmate but was free and did some important things better (search, spelling, formatting).
-mouser (September 11, 2006, 05:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Quick Paste Menu, Quick Paste Menu, Quick Paste Menu . . . just that feature would make a killer standalone app.  Having a clipboard manager wrapped around it helps.  As clipboard applications tend to sometimes lose their connection to the clipboard, having two apps comes in handy -- I've yet to have both lose touch at the same time.

mitzevo:
Good to see some discussion on in here :P  :-[

rjbull:
Quick Paste Menu, Quick Paste Menu, Quick Paste Menu . . . just that feature would make a killer standalone app.  Having a clipboard manager wrapped around it helps.
-allen (September 11, 2006, 05:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Allen,

What is actually meant by "Quick Paste Menu?"

With ClipCache, you can define a pair of hotkeys that allow you to scroll up and down through the saved clips with the program just an icon in the tray.  Each time you move to a different clip, a sort of tooltip of the clip's title appears where the cursor is so you know which one you've got to.  Then just press Ctrl-V to paste.  Alternatively, the last ten are available by right-clicking on the icon, or pop up the main window for more features.  Do you mean more/different than that?

allen:
It's a feature that allows you to preconfigure quickpaste items which, in essence, allows you to apply a text replacement/cleanup filter/query on text on the fly.   You can preconfigure and save them, then use them as simply as hitting ctrl alt q and selecting the one you want from a drop down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version