ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

AceText - text & clipboard manager (for coders, writers, etc.)

<< < (3/10) > >>

mitzevo:
How long since you've used the latest version of AceText, quite a while I bet  :P Why don't you look at the newer versions, it may have improved quite alot from "a long time ago" if you know what I mean.

allen:
I've been an unwavering fan of AceText since the very day version 1.0 was released.  As a fan already of EditPad Pro and other JGSoft applications, I found its editor/interface familiar and therefor comfortable.  It has a great featureset for text workers -- which is the singel demographic catered to by the entire line of JGSoft products.  After nearly a decade with ClipMate -- the unarguable grandfather of clipboard extenders -- AceText was able to shift my allegiance.

Version 2 of AceText, free to all registered users, is a natural evolution of the program that, among other things, introduces the ability to not only download/read rss feeds but publish them. (Not just create, but automatically upload and maintain them online).

It's not a viable solution for those simply looking for a clipboard extender that handles both graphics and text, it's (in my opinion) the best option for those whose primary concern is text.  Collection management is brilliant, the editor is solid, and it's 100% portable.  Version 2 even offers a painless means of copying it to your portable device so you don't have to do so manually.

As is standard with JGSoft applications, it's actively developed.  Fixes (and improvements) are frequently deployed and the support is friendly, swift and thorough.  For my needs, I can't complain.

rjbull:
the ability to not only download/read rss feeds but publish them.
-allen (September 10, 2006, 09:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've never used AceText or RSS feeds, so what do I know...  But as a bystander, this sounds like creeping featuritis.  I mean, what's wrong with a really good clipboard extender, that they have to add (apparently) irrelevant and (presumably) bloating features???

allen:
Actually, it's hardly creeping featuritis.  It's like this--with version 2.0, the datea format used by AceText was migrated to xml -- in and of itself, that pleased me as the prior data format was difficult to work with with external applications/scripts.  The xml files are much easier to parse (or create).  From there, the ability to read and write xml files is inherent, so why not give it the ability to read/write a popular web technology?

You've never used AceText, so you'll have to trust me on the fact that it's light, fast and efficient.  The rss reading/creation integrates elegantly into it without any negative impact on the application.  Rather than being dedicated new features, they're mere extensions of the technology already present in the application.

Carol Haynes:
You've never used AceText, so you'll have to trust me on the fact that it's light, fast and efficient.  The rss reading/creation integrates elegantly into it without any negative impact on the application.  Rather than being dedicated new features, they're mere extensions of the technology already present in the application.
-allen (September 11, 2006, 05:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

I can second that - it is light and quick (though I don't use it for RSS etc - I hadn't even noticed it could do that ;))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version