ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

AceText - text & clipboard manager (for coders, writers, etc.)

<< < (2/10) > >>

tomos:
cheers!

mitzevo:
 ;D AceText has one of the best txt clipboard managers.. you can save clips as .txt and do lot's of other things.. Why don't you try the trial version of AceText..  :Thmbsup:

Carol Haynes:
I would love to see a new version AceText'n'stuff that includes RTF, HTML and Graphics capabilities. Given that it is so text based I think JG is unlikely to develop in this way but it could be kind of neat if he did.

danielburs:
Cool! How much memory does it use to run in background? and how much disk space does it take up?

I have about three programs like this (wikdpad, infomagic, and evrnote) - but I never use them. I end up copying things to Google desktop's scratch pad or regular text files - then I can never find them! Evernote doesn't support non-latin characters, and they are all heavy in memory...

There are a lot of discussions about/like this on 43folders.com forums...

eschen:

Curiously, I've only now seen Mouser's Clipboard Help & Spell
Maybe I'll check that out first :D
regards, tom
-tomos (August 05, 2006, 02:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
Tom, I recommend to check Clipboard Help & Spell, first. I bought AceText long time ago, because I started with EditPad (when it was only Freeware) - so it was a good idea to buy its brother, too. For me (as a programmer ;-)) the clipboard management was the most interesting thing with AceText.

When I started a new job in the mid of 2006 I had a look at DonationCoder again, because I needed a new download of the FreeRAM XP Pro. Aside I had a look at the other stuff and found Clipboard Help & Spell. After some weeks of work I've to say that this free tool does the job much better than AceText according to clipboard management.

Regards Rainer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version