ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

AceText - text & clipboard manager (for coders, writers, etc.)

<< < (9/10) > >>

Babis:
Thanks for the review, I tried acetext for 3 days and I am really impressed. I have a couple of questions though:

- can I make "live spell check" to work on capitalized words?

- can I make it to beep or make whatever sound when a clip is copied to the clipboard, in order to be sure that the clip has been copied?

- about search: every time I close and reopen acetext, the search options are reset and I have to mark the checkboxes "all clips in all collections" etc. Is this for real, that I have to set the search options every time I launch the program?

Other than that, it is really excellent with great interface and shortcuts with way faster response than clipmate.

mitzevo:
Hi Babis, yeah AceText is a really great program  :Thmbsup:

To answer your questions in one answer, sorry I don't know :P but for sure you can email the program author and ask, and request new features, etc. and usually you'll get a quick response.

I've played with clipmate minimally, but yeah, clipmate does a whole lot of other stuff, AceText just deals with plain text.. Although some RTF wouldn't hurt :)) .. It gets a bit boring looking at just the plain text and feels like a mess.. maybe its just me.. :P

xbeta:
2009-09-03 update:
Editpad has fixed this bug.
EditPad Lite 6.5.0 - 1 September 2009, Word wrap: Allow text to be wrapped after any ideograph, even if there is no whitespace.
and the author said in email: The next free minor update of AceText will get the same fix.

a small bug in Chinese (maybe also other double byte characters) when it auto wrap:
it try to change to a new line at a "space", but this is not a good rule in Chinese.
see what happened at the tab, which is at the beginning of a paragrap.
notepad OK, Acetext bug.

other Chinese users can have a test.

道可道,非常道;名可名,非常名。无名天地之始,有名万物之母。
    故常无欲以观其妙,有欲以观其窍。此两者同出而异名,同为之玄,玄之又玄,众妙之门。

superboyac:
I'm becoming more and more impressed with Acetext.  brilliant app from that guy, as usual.

rjbull:
I'm becoming more and more impressed with Acetext.  brilliant app from that guy, as usual.-superboyac (April 14, 2011, 11:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think he used to offer a deal if you bought licenses for EditPad Pro and AceText at the same time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version