ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How secure is a private WordPress post from public view?

<< < (5/5)

KynloStephen66515:
Advocate of the devil here:  Would it then not become just a numbers game?  This post is liked by x amount of people on this forum? What does that add exactly?
-Shades (November 30, 2018, 08:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

The point of it would be so that you could express thanks or approval or give some form of feedback without having to create a new reply which would therefore ping everyone who has signed up to be notified of new replies. It also helps keep threads on topic instead of having a bunch of superfluous "thanks" or "nice" replies.

This would be especially handy, IMO, in threads such as the latest Steam or GOG giveaways.

As things are now, I have to choose between no reply at all (which can give the OP the idea that nobody cared about what they had to say/share) or possibly bothering a bunch of people with notifications just to say something like "thanks" or "I enjoyed that" etc. Often times I choose the former.
-Deozaan (November 30, 2018, 11:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

^Like^  :D
-Stoic Joker (November 30, 2018, 02:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1

rgdot:
What do you expect from a guy born in an axis of evil country, me fail English of course
-rgdot (November 30, 2018, 02:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

America?  :huh:
-Stephen66515 (November 30, 2018, 02:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

rimshot :D

wraith808:
What do you expect from a guy born in an axis of evil country, me fail English of course
-rgdot (November 30, 2018, 02:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

America?  :huh:
-Stephen66515 (November 30, 2018, 02:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hey now pot (Brexit) watch what you're calling the kettle.

wraith808:
Advocate of the devil here:  Would it then not become just a numbers game?  This post is liked by x amount of people on this forum? What does that add exactly?
--- End quote ---

The point of it would be so that you could express thanks or approval or give some form of feedback without having to create a new reply which would therefore ping everyone who has signed up to be notified of new replies. It also helps keep threads on topic instead of having a bunch of superfluous "thanks" or "nice" replies.

This would be especially handy, IMO, in threads such as the latest Steam or GOG giveaways.

As things are now, I have to choose between no reply at all (which can give the OP the idea that nobody cared about what they had to say/share) or possibly bothering a bunch of people with notifications just to say something like "thanks" or "I enjoyed that" etc. Often times I choose the former.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

+1
-Stephen66515 (November 30, 2018, 02:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

KynloStephen66515:
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

+1
-Stephen66515 (November 30, 2018, 02:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

-wraith808 (November 30, 2018, 04:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version