ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2018

<< < (7/9) > >>

cranioscopical:
I don't run out and buy whatever I want whenever I want. If I see something I like I'll usually simply wait for a better price to come up on that item. I picked up a few things during the Black Friday sales. All of these were items that I'd singled out over the past year or so. I got them for a few hundred less than it would have cost had they been bought, individually, at the prevailing prices.

For me, Black Friday is just a way to save some money... and reward my own patience.
 :)

KynloStephen66515:
True, people do go for the sensation of getting a thing at discount prices. It is also subject to diminishing returns.

If, for example: I drop by your house and brink your favorite cake for you to eat. You will be happy. If I then return with another unit of the same cake, you won't be as happy as the first time, but you'll still like it. If I return again with another unit of the same cake, you'll be angry and tell me to get lost with that ff''ing cake.

This also happens when you buy lots of different things. Less fast than buying the same item, but it still happens. People think they can get the same feeling from the first time back by spending on bigger items. But that barely works. Add to all of this an artificial time-limit and people keep falling into the same trap. In the mean time a lot of retail business has taken place and made a profit.

Which is why I don't go for that kind of crap at all anymore. I'll look for the best item I can buy, at a time that I deem best without a time-limit. Brings me peace of mind and I usually end up with (much) higher quality products that last longer and not having so much stuff gives me peace of mind. Which I treasure most of all.

-Shades (November 25, 2018, 09:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

I would never be angry at somebody bringing me cake.

4wd:
At Arrow.com:

Raspberry Pi 3B   - $27.49 inc. shipping
Raspberry Pi 3B+ - $34.49 inc. shipping

Both currently cheaper than the RasPi 2B from the same retailer.

Currently transitioning most of the functions performed by a 24/7 Windows 10 MiniITX computer to RasPi based, so far:
RasPi 1B - BitTorrent, Usenet, Aria2 downloaders over always on VPN.
RasPi 2B - Kerberos.io, WebDl, get_iplayer (over VPN).
RasPi 3B+ - Still thinking about it, possibly Docker with multiple containers for Kerberos.io and a streaming video recorder.
RasPi 3B - On order from Arrow  ;D

All based on DietPi.

If, for example: I drop by your house and brink your favorite cake for you to eat. You will be happy. If I then return with another unit of the same cake, you won't be as happy as the first time, but you'll still like it. If I return again with another unit of the same cake, you'll be angry and tell me to get lost with that ff''ing cake.-Shades (November 25, 2018, 09:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'd buy a freezer during the Black Friday sales and freeze all the extra cake you bring around, stockpiling for the zombie apocalypse.

Jibz:
Another couple of regulars:

IDM (makers of UltraEdit) 25% off, cyber monday

CintaNotes - 50% off lifetime with CMON2018LIFETIME, 25% off regular and renewals with CMON2018

Jibz:
Missed this one:

The Pragmatic Bookshelf 40% off

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version