ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Request: Ahk script to extract archive to subfolder of current directory

(1/3) > >>

chashnniel:
sorry to post in here.
   Im new here so i have no rights to post a topic, also my English is not so well.
i know there are many great developers here and i got an ideal (maybe someone already did this)
   Hope you guys can make an AKH script to do this:
when i press ALT+Win+Lbutton on a zip/rar etc file. it automatic extract it to the current folder.  But what i need is:
   if the zip file contains one folder or one file in it, then just extract it (like extract it here)
   if the zip file contains several files but not in a folder, then it creates a folder (based on zip_name) for it. (like what extract to xxx folder do)

thus i don't have to check each downloaded zip file whether there is a folder in it. then: right click - choose 7zip - and choose action
and i think it would help TC a lot

Curt:
I know nothing about coding, but instinctively I think your request is much too big for a person. It must be a job for the .zip authoring companies. One problem is the huge number of different extension libraries - larger companies can handle such a task, but how should a private, sparetime coder?

Zip (file format)w

4wd:
Not really Curt, there's a couple of options:
1. Extract the archive to a temporary folder, check the contents, move to the final destination - probably the easiest since you're going to extract anyway.
2. Use 7-Zip, (library or command line version), to get a list of the contents, determine type, and then either create a destination folder or extract to the destination directly as necessary.

Curt:
^ you may need to read his post more closely; I believe chashnniel is saying your options takes far too much work...

skwire:
^ you may need to read his post more closely; I believe chashnniel is saying your options takes far too much work... -Curt (November 12, 2018, 02:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Curt, the options/scenarios the OP wants can easily be handled in programming.  Furthermore, I agree with 4wd, and would have suggested the same two methods.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version