ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Is IE7 or Firefox 2 safer?

<< < (2/3) > >>

tomos:
Securitywise I'll stick with Opera
See this comment on the article
http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-12354-0.html?forumID=1&threadID=23880&messageID=449513&start=-1

Did I say securitywise ... almost every otherwise as well - only miss addblock & flashblock ... ah well

app103:
It depends on the user. Or in other words: PEBCAK.
-housetier (August 04, 2006, 08:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

or "Error ID: 10T"  ;D

FlyingPig:
 :P

Well...i like Opera too, but wasn't this about IE and Firefox ???

Between them it's (still) for sure Firefox  :up:

Josh:
Have you used IE7? Heck, IE6 SP2 was pretty good on its own. I've never had anything happen to me while browsing with IE6 sp2.

_PrezRickard-Jr_:
Did I say securitywise ... almost every otherwise as well - only miss addblock & flashblock ... ah well
-tomos (August 05, 2006, 11:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Flashblock in Opera.I recommend adding the css code in the browser.css file for a permanent effect and enabling Always load javascript opera:config#UserPrefs|AlwaysLoadUserJavaScript (paste the red text in the address bar,run and tick the box).

As for adblock the new Opera 9 has that build-in (named "Content Block"), not as flexible as the Firefox equivalent as it doesn't support regular expressions but it gets the job done.Here are some generic rules to add to urlfilter.ini and here are specific ad servers also for adding in urlfilter.ini.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version