ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

In some folder other than desktop, freeze icon placement

<< < (4/5) > >>

nkormanik:
Nice find, wraith808.  I'll try it out and see how it compares.

Fences, by the way, offered some benefits, but had shortfalls.  Not exactly what I was asking for.

wraith808:
Yeah... I get that now.  Hopefully, this is better for you.  There are some idiosyncracies to it also though, so be forewarned.  That's the reason I use something else instead, no matter how cool it is.

I think most of the downsides are described on that page, though it's missing that if something saves its place in a certain way (haven't been able to narrow it down), then when you try to open it on the alternate screen, it will instead open on the original screen.

nkormanik:
I ended up creating additional desktops in my c:\Users\Nicholas folder.  Along with the usual Desktop folder.

So, I have there:

Desktop#0
Desktop#1
Desktop#2
Desktop#3

Then I have to change in the registry which desktop I want to use.  Log out, and back in.

The additional desktops are blank slates.  Lots of new real estate.

Skwire, you can close this topic, I guess.

wraith808:
I ended up creating additional desktops in my c:\Users\Nicholas folder.  Along with the usual Desktop folder.

So, I have there:

Desktop#0
Desktop#1
Desktop#2
Desktop#3

Then I have to change in the registry which desktop I want to use.  Log out, and back in.

The additional desktops are blank slates.  Lots of new real estate.

Skwire, you can close this topic, I guess.

-nkormanik (December 04, 2018, 12:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you tell me what you have to do in the registry, I can automate the changing an logging out for you if that would help. I might be able to automate the desktop copy also, in case you need a new one, and I can make it so that you can add them in the interface.

skwire:
I actually wrote an app that does desktop folder switching without having to log out.  I'm traveling for work today but I'll try to get back to this tonight once I get to my hotel.  Stay tuned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version