ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

New SSd in an aging PC

<< < (2/2)

4wd:
I have here an Asus A88 deluxe Pro board that is now close to 3 years old. Wasn't cheap to purchase and the Pro in it's name doesn't indicate a cheap board either. The available hardware features on the board do not indicate it is a cheap board.  Yet that 2TByte stupidity is there.-Shades (November 24, 2018, 02:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

That is going beyond strange, I have an AsRock 970 Extreme4 which is 6+ years old, (Socket AM3+), and it handles >2TB just fine when they're GPT formatted, (two 3TB currently installed).

Shades:
Right?!. I have older boards here that also have no problem with >2TByte drives. So it shouldn't be an issue in the first place. But it is my reality. I really had to go to the manufacturers website *SeaGate, in this case) and get software to manage the extra space. It is included in a specific version of their partition management software. Which is not available on their site anymore. So, I'm guarding that piece of software by copying it on every drive I own or work with.

Besides that though, the board is excellent in everything it does.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version