ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Rename Open File in Windows

<< < (5/6) > >>

Stoic Joker:
SumatraPDF is great, and I use it for 99% of my PDF reading needs.-skwire (October 28, 2018, 02:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Damn, that thing is fast. I've been using PDF-Xchange … But I think I might of just switched!

wraith808:
XYplorer's built-in file viewer displays pdf files properly and does not lock the file being viewed, so you can rename it while viewing it.
-xtabber (October 30, 2018, 09:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's not a true view though if you're talking about what I think you're talking about.  It's just a preview. (Unless I'm totally missing out on a feature)

KodeZwerg:
A preview aint a view?  ;D

bardman:
I just saved a Notepad file and a WinRAR zip while it was open without any issues. Apparently, this is app related more than anything else. Some of MS's Office suite products have this restriction as well.
-bardman (October 28, 2018, 10:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
Do you mean you did a "save as" ?
-tomos (October 29, 2018, 02:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nope!. While the file was open, I right-clicked the name of it and renamed it successfully and the file I was viewing, name changed too.

Lintalist:
Just fyi TC's Quick View can be opened in a separate Lister* window, which updates contents when going to other file. And the plugin that will show the PDF uses SumatraPDF which you can simply update by copied SumatraPDF.exe to the lister plugin folder (so you don't  have to rely on the plugin developer to keep "PDF viewing" op to date.

* Lister is name of the file viewer component of TC which is also used in regular Quick View panel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version