ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Working on a DCTCG and found this resource

<< < (2/8) > >>

kyrathaba:
I think in Magic: The Gathering a booster pack of 15 cards ($4 and change) contains 1 rare, 4 uncommon, and 10 common cards.

One thing about MTG I want to avoid is the ability to throw cash at the game to get Uber cards. Either I want to entirely avoid that, or else when you create a particular player ID, you lock in one of two options: that account is paid or unpaid. If paid, the game would only allow you to group with other payers. Likewise for non-payors.

Unlike in MTG, in my game, which I’m titleing Earth:Apotheosis, many of the common cards are necessary elements to progressing through the game. The uncommon and rares make the commons enhanced or more versatile. But they don’t replace them.

Based upon in-game choices, a given player or team may switch allegiances at various points. And this could pit player vs player in a card duel.

Losing a duel isn’t game over, but results in loss of a card.

Lots of details to iron out. But I want a sort of The X File-ish sense of foreboding and incremental discovery.

What I hope to capture in the game is an experience that players who care more about story than cards won’t feel disenfranchised while simultaneously giving card accumulators reinforcement as well.

And maybe present tense in-game player accomplishment might even impact content of future expansions, somewhat like is implemented in some MMORGs and MUDs.

kyrathaba:
@KodeZwerg: you (or anyone else) interested in helping out? I'm going to start releasing some promo cards...

mouser:
I'd be happy to proof read instructions, or offer feedback on design ideas.

KodeZwerg:
@KodeZwerg: you (or anyone else) interested in helping out? I'm going to start releasing some promo cards...
-kyrathaba (October 31, 2018, 05:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
Help out with what?
Willing to test if I know what to do :]

kyrathaba:
Thanks mouser and KodeZ. Do either of you have any history of playing Magic: The Gathering? I do and it would provide a nice reference of game mechanics I like vs dislike...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version