ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Batch Editor for URL and LNK Properties

<< < (2/22) > >>

ConstanceJill:
Yes: do you think you'll need to use that several times with different options, or is it for a one time job?

If the latter, can you tell specifically what you want to change ? For example "change all shortcuts which are set to run minimized so they run in a normal window", or "replace « some_string » with « other_string » for all the shortcut that contain it in the target field" ?

KodeZwerg:
 :Thmbsup: @ConstanceJill

Batch means automatism, should all .URL .LNK files get same values ????
WHAT SHOULD BE AUTOMATED IN WICH WAY <- that would be interesting to know if someone want to automate things.
All targets get same values would end up in a mess.

berkland:

Thank you, everyone, for your interest and ideas!

Yes, I will need to use this software several times with different options.  What I would like to change for each of the files I had listed in my original post.  Again:

LNK FILES
Properties Context Menu
Shortcut Tab
Target:
Start in:
Shortcut key:
Run: Normal window | Minimized | Maximized
Comment:

URL FILES
Properties Context Menu
Web Document Tab
Shortcut Key
Change Icon > Look for icons in this file

Your example "change all shortcuts which are set to run minimized so that they run in a normal window” is a good one.

I would like software to edit multiple files so that I do NOT have to do it manually (i.e., right click on a single, individual file and make changes, save, and then right click on another single, individual file and make changes)

Attached is a screenshot of the ShortcutsSearchAndReplace 1.6.11 software that shows what I would like to see.  The attachment is both a jpg file and a pdf file – whatever your preference.  With the ShortcutsSearchAndReplace software, you can find, sort, and select lnk (shortcut) files.  You can also sort the columns that are listed.  However, you can NOT edit mutiple lnk (shortcut) files and you can NOT find, sort, and select url files.

If my use of the word “batch” is misleading, forget that I used it.  To restate, hopefully so that everyone can understand, I would like to find, sort, and select lnk files and url files and be able to easily edit the fields that I listed above.

Any more questions?
IDEA: Batch Editor for URL and LNK Properties

wraith808:
I guess what's throwing people off is that you want to alter several links to have the same value for a given property.  That's pretty much it, in a nutshell?  And not sure that you can do that for shortcut key; I mean you could, but Windows only recognizes one of them.

berkland:
Yes, that's it.  For example, change/edit all .lnk/shortcut files that open Normal to open Maximized.  I know that this can be done for individual shortcuts one-by-one because I have done it that way.  That is the long, time-consuming, not-so-smart way.  I was hoping for some software that would automate (yes,"batch") this process......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version