ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Batch Editor for URL and LNK Properties

<< < (11/22) > >>

cranioscopical:
Thanks for doing this. I haven't yet had time to try it out but it's on my to-do list  :)  :Thmbsup:

KodeZwerg:
Next release can be obtained here.

Major speed improvement, this one is best version so far. I am still improving my filesystem IO by creating threads, not fully functional yet so i deactivated, anyway, this release do perform 99,99% faster *dreams.... are my reality.... lalalala*

KodeZwerg:
I am proud to anounce my final non-threaded Version of this utility.

If you missed how it look, heres a teaser

I had a dream.... samurai skills and wisdom of zen combined with red bull, all that resulted in another performance boost.
You wonder hows that possible, i basically hacked myself into listview control to exclude and include icons in my own way during Window refresh :-]

This will result in a, how to say, gui will not look good for a few moments

For now, since no error reports arrived, this will be my last update before, if at all, i put all operations in own threads.

Enjoy,

KodeZwerg.

KodeZwerg:
First threaded version for your pleasure is here.

Added:
 - kung-fu skills

Removed:
 - lameness

You might notice on Screenshot that many options are gone now. Technical they are still avail, just set invisible.
You might ask why? I have so much trust in myself that the point of speed has no more bad effects.
That will currently result in this situation:
If Folders are dropped, all subfolders will be scanned too.
I would like to hear feedback on that decision I made.

Bugs/Limitations:
 - i need to lock save things, please wait until dropped files are fully loaded (as soon as statusbar tell something about adding icons....)
 - you cannot drop that fast anymore (i already try to dynamic thread this sucker)
 - some icons are wrong/blank, especially .url files show that behavior now, i am on it...

For interested how I now doing stuff:
 - Mainthread (GUI) will search for files on drop. This search aint threaded yet since without files no work is possible, i might change that...
 - When files are gathered a new thread populate found files in list
 - When list is filled a new thread will add icons to entries

berkland:
O, Zen Master KodeZwerg, a thousand pardons please for not responding sooner!  I got completely carried away with other matters in life and failed to thank you promptly.  I do appreciate all the work you have done on this programming.  And I hope you are having FUN with this project.

I downloaded the latest version of Shortcut Tuner.  I then inserted a folder of URL shortcuts.  I have NOT yet tried any LNK files.  Some of these URL shortcuts had the Google icon but others did not. I wanted ALL of the URL shortcuts to have the Google icon. I checkmarked the IconLocation and IconIndex boxes and clicked "Apply to All".  I got an "Unspecified error" message.

So, I then checkmarked the URL shortcuts that did NOT have the Google icon and tried to "Apply to Selected".  I received the same "Unspecified error" message then as well.  Attached is a screenshot of the URL folder, the program UI, and the error message.  I hope you will explain to me what I am doing incorrectly.

Also, most respectfully, are you taking over this programming request from skwire?  And, is there any chance a search capability (for URL and LNK files) will be built into the program?

Thank you again.   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version