ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Batch Editor for URL and LNK Properties

<< < (7/22) > >>

KodeZwerg:
Aslong you need to wait for final product and to show that I dont compete to skwire (I left out .URL files)
I like to present a little toy of my own that I think is final stage, now to be shown to public.

Since I did not invented this to your needs, instead to anyones usage (limited to .lnk files).
This is how it looks in action.
I liked to design it a bit like skwires preview. Thanks to him for idea.

Manual:
On right side there is a large box, this is dragdrop zone, drop any files on it, no matter extension.
If you select anything inside box, the left side off app gets filled with data.
Feel free to modify anything you like, no restrictions set to nothing (aslong you stay on correct format, like IconIndex should always be a number...)
Press "Save Current" will save current Entries back to file.
(you always be able to see current file below buttons)
De-/Activate checkboxes infront of Field definitions.
Whatever you have checked, with whatever you have entered, those be written to files with "Apply" buttons.
Press "Apply to Selected" will apply all checkboxes to selected box entries.
Press "Apply to All" will apply to all entries, quick and dirty way ;-)
As seen on Preview Image above, if you load a file and its target does not exist, color changes to red as warning.
Red color only be used on loading, editing has no checking.
To quick check if some of your dropped links are invalid (target does not exist); I made a button "Mark Bad"
That action will check links and pre-select all bad ones.
You can also multi-select the Windows way on your own. Whatever you prefer it should does. Just try ;-)
You now could either "Remove Selected" to simply remove them out of list, total harmless.
There is also a button "Delete Selected", it will enable itself during "Mark Bad" phase.
If you press on that button....
TAKE ATTENTION NOW!
THIS WILL REALLY PERFORM A DELETEFILE() ACTION ON WHATEVER IS SELECTED!!!! DANGEROUS, NO WARNINGS!!!
All buttons have instant effects.

If I made you hungry for it, here you find the Archive, you will need 7zip to extract.

Known bug/limitations:
- This app must run with same privilegues as target process from where the drop starts.
  (if you run app, drag files over box but box dont let you = wrong privilegues)
  (a fix could be, run as administrator, but if it than catches all at any time... i dont know yet)
- This app needs Windows
- This app doest care what input you give, it just work
- My apps Shortcut Hotkey doesnt care about if entered Key came from NumPad or not.

My best advice, create any new shortcut file (.lnk) to play with.
Try out anything and keep checking with Windows File Property Box if it matches.
Like Hotkeys, please dont ask me, all i can say as advice belonging to Hotkeys (since it is not limited to a single char)
If you want to know any specific value as a readable, to see how you should input it to my app, do that inside Windows File Property Box.
Whatever is inside, cut CTRL+ALT+SHIFT statement and use the shown rest. Example "F2" would mean "Function Key 2"
If any specific combination aint possible since its definition is missing, please let me know.

Take care what you do, no warnings, no checks, just doings...
Control twice wich checkboxes you have checked before you press any "Apply" button !!

Regards,

KodeZwerg.

KodeZwerg:
New Bugfixed Version is available here.

Bugfixed:
Win32/Win64 bit location thing.

Features added: (hopefully bugfree, lets see)
- added Allow to drop folders, if checked, those folders will be scanned for .lnk files and added to list
- added scan all subfolder switch, take care what you doing, this may take a while :-)

GUI Preview:

KodeZwerg:
Another small addition is made, two new buttons.
Now you can press on ".." buttons to simplify things.
One to easy choose Target and one to easy choose Icon.

Screenshot with localized Icon select dialog (you will see it in your language):

known bug, soon to be fixed:
If Target or Working Path contain Environment Settings (%XYZ% for example) then my App has a problem to autofind target.
So pressing "Mark Bad" might not always be 100% accurate...

KodeZwerg:
Here a new version can be obtained.

Fixed:
- nothing of above post  :'(

Added:
- Icon Display for current file (it either try load whatever is stored to use as icon/index or load associated from target)
- Double check, you cannot add a file twice (or more) anymore
- Double check for subfolders aswell
- missing HotKey "Ext" field

Since a picture tell more than thousands words:
That bug is also on my todo list, somehow it is kinda resident.
When you work with my ".." icon choose dialog, whatever you have choosen will be printed in Arguments and Description on save.
It is invisble at first, you only see it when you "Save current" and press inside box on shortcut again (this will reload to left screen).

I am sorry for this situation, i'm on it to fix, if interested at all.

KodeZwerg:
I am so happy to eleminate that IconDialog bug in a KodeZwerg way :-)

Fixed:
- IconDialog bug, I really hope its gone now...
- %ENVIRONMENT% for icons should work now always good

Added:
- To my StatusBar Frankenstein would say: Its alive!
  (now you see some status on major actions)

current known Bugs/limitations:
- you can not save shortcut file if no target found, if doing mass operations, those might be skipped
- %ENVIRONMENT% strings are still buggy for target/working path name
- due to above line "Mark Bad" not always good

Enjoy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version