ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Create Folder, Give It Name: Current Date and Time

<< < (3/4) > >>

nkormanik:
If one puts the entire error message into a Google search, gets a ton of hits.

But no one seems to have a definitive answer.

I'm in the perplexing situation now where I've implemented a bunch of the suggestions out there -- none worked -- and now I'm wondering if I should regress to a backup I made just prior to the said implementations.

Go figure.

4wd:
I found it just stopped doing it for some reason, whether it was an update or something I installed who knows.

IainB:
@4wd:
I found it just stopped doing it for some reason, whether it was an update or something I installed who knows.
-4wd (October 24, 2018, 07:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ruddy heck. I'd speculate that the cause was likely to be the Registry settings had been zapped (changed/deleted) by a Windows update.
Pity. That was a nifty fix too.    :Thmbsup:
What to do? Presumably reinstall as at 4wd Reply #1 on: 2018-10-17, 22:06:42 ยป?

You'd never know if/when it had been zapped again though. Might need to do that reinstall each time prior to running the thing (or as a default part of running it) every time, just in case. Belts-and-braces.

nkormanik:
Regarding the original question above, I discovered (i.e., Google search) that 4wd's PowerShell script also works by calling from a batch file.

Place the two below together into the same fixed folder:

New Folder Date Time.bat:

@ECHO OFF
PowerShell.exe -Command "& '%~dpn0.ps1'"

New Folder Date Time.ps1:

$folderName = (Get-Date).tostring("yyyy-MM-dd hh-mm-ss")
New-Item -itemType Directory -Path "C:\0_SAS_1" -Name $FolderName

In the registry "command" space place the "path+New Folder Date Time.bat":

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\Create Date-Time Folder\command]
@="\"C:\\Windows System Tools\\0 Create Date-Time Folder\\New Folder Date Time.bat\""

From handy context menu in folder background.  Easy peasy.  And no rude error message.

The only remaining fly-in-the-ointment is the specific location where the new date-time folder is created.  In the case above, it's bolded: C:\0_SAS_1.  Only works with respect to that one folder location.  Would greatly prefer that it work in ANY folder background, and create the new date-time folder in that folder.

But, at least....

nkormanik:
By the way, I ended up regressing to back-up.  All the "fixing" screwed the pooch.  Clear anomalies.  As said, no definitive answers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version