ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: copy my wallpaper's full title

<< < (4/14) > >>

Curt:
just to proof that i learned from it, last Demo App-KodeZwerg (October 11, 2018, 06:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

^ Yes!
Really well done, KodeZwerg! In fact, so well done that I now have removed the winhelp version.  :up:

Would you care to work even more on this application? Right now it is doing what I asked for, but not in a specially helpful way. I mean, now, I would first have to go search for the program, then answer if I want to copy, then go to actually find the picture.

Maybe it could be part of my desktop context menu (see screnshot)? and from there* simply offer to Copy Full Path or To Open the picture right away, as a new step one+two? 

*there = "Desktop Background File Location":

4wd:
Sorry, 4wd, I missed to see your post.  :-[
Of course you had the proper solution. Thank you!  :up:

-Curt (October 11, 2018, 05:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah... I didn't see he had posted that before either.
-wraith808 (October 11, 2018, 10:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Got to watch out for the quiet ones  ;)

Another alternative for displaying the name would be to have the text overlayed onto the current wallpaper and then set that as the background, a.l.a. DisplayFusion, which is what I do.

eg.
Monitor the modification time on the transcoded image.
Grab the original file/path
Overlay onto the transcoded image
Set that as the new wallpaper
Start over

KodeZwerg:
just to proof that i learned from it, last Demo App-KodeZwerg (October 11, 2018, 06:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

^ Yes!
Really well done, KodeZwerg! In fact, so well done that I now have removed the winhelp version.  :up:

Would you care to work even more on this application? Right now it is doing what I asked for, but not in a specially helpful way. I mean, now, I would first have to go search for the program, then answer if I want to copy, then go to actually find the picture.

Maybe it could be part of my desktop context menu (see screnshot)? and from there* simply offer to Copy Full Path or To Open the picture right away, as a new step one+two? 

*there = "Desktop Background File Location":
[attach=#,msg424122][/attach]
-Curt (October 12, 2018, 12:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

sorry for the bumpy start, now that i know that it works for you i can change it as i like.
an entry in the context menu should certainly be feasible.
yes the demo app is called Demo App because it's only a demonstration hehe
this should only rudimentarily show you the possibilities and serves to check if it works at all.
this weekend i'm going to refine all that, maybe i'll include the idea of 4wd as well, somehow i like it.
as an option in the menu would be something like "show name" and "hide name" plus "copy name" plus "open in explorer" plus "open image". (that enough?)
@4wd i would add text direct on monitor/desktop surface, not with save image stuff
stroken text = just remembered, that i could only do if its a systray application, so 4wd was right with save/replace wallpaper   :Thmbsup:
i need to think about implementation, other features i can easy perform as commandlines
or i do with "show/hide name" as systray app.... let me suprise you :)

4wd:
... maybe i'll include the idea of 4wd as well, somehow i like it..-KodeZwerg (October 12, 2018, 04:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Some Powershell source that does the overlaying and updating: Set-Wallpaper.ps1

Function New-Wallpaper (line 360) and Update-Wallpaper (line 579), might help ... or not.

KodeZwerg:
it gives you what back?

...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\TranscodedWallpaper-Demo App
--- End quote ---

Are your pictures from the default system pictures THEME, maybe?
 :-\
-Curt (October 11, 2018, 11:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
on further investigation on that, it was also correct or it might be even the only correct solution.
the path is ...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\ and there is a file called TranscodedWallpaper without extension.
it is a copy of original image that i found out. i think it has something to do with windows slideshow thing what i turned off.

anyway, i continue later with the script solution.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version